Profile Review, Please! 720GMAT Chemical Engineer

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Wed May 13, 2015 8:09 am
That's awesome - good job! To be honest, you're not "late" to the R1 game. It depends on how many programs you want to apply to but you could comfortably hit 3 - 5 apps in R1 if you started moving by the end of May. An only-R2 strategy won't destroy your chances but, even marginally, R1 is still a better shot. And if you hit R1, you could have dual round intra year strategy and that's valuable too. Otherwise if R2 doesn't go your way you're left with R3 and that's not where you want to be.

Thoughts?

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Pottsmi1 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:35 am
CriticalSquareMBA wrote:That's awesome - good job! To be honest, you're not "late" to the R1 game. It depends on how many programs you want to apply to but you could comfortably hit 3 - 5 apps in R1 if you started moving by the end of May. An only-R2 strategy won't destroy your chances but, even marginally, R1 is still a better shot. And if you hit R1, you could have dual round intra year strategy and that's valuable too. Otherwise if R2 doesn't go your way you're left with R3 and that's not where you want to be.

Thoughts?

Bhavik
I meant I only did Rd2 for this current cycle (2015 intake). If (Probably when) I reapply, I am planning to do Rd1 for 2016 intake. I didn't do any Rd1 for 2015 intake since I didn't take the GMAT til August and didn't know if M7 schools were even in my ballpark honestly.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Wed May 13, 2015 10:15 am
Oh I gotcha! Yeah, R2 probably didn't help, but to say it was solely, or even primarily due to, the timing wouldn't be accurate. Good to see you on the R1 bandwagon this time around though!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by MBA Ivy » Thu May 14, 2015 10:23 am
You might find this article interesting, as I wrote about the top reasons applicants get "dinged" and how to avoid it when reapplying. It's extremely important to understand the mistakes you made, so you don't just make them again.

https://mbaivyleague.wordpress.com/2015 ... nt-make-it

[I'm a former Harvard admissions interviewer and a Harvard grad, and currently run the MBA admissions firm: www.MBAIvyLeague. Contact me for a free consultation today!]

Jillian