Profile Request- Mendoza, Kelley, Saïd, and Owen

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello,

I would love some insight on whether or not the schools I'm looking to apply to are reasonable. At this point I don't have a GRE or GMAT (I'll be taking that shortly)

Nationality: American

Work Experience:Total (4.5 Years)
2011-2013: Americorps member with Habitat for Humanity- developed programs and strategies as well as leading groups of volunteers daily in the construction of affordable housing.
2013- Continued work at another non-profit focused on education
2014 to present- Three different business and legal roles within a startup telecom company that was recently acquired by a 5000 person+ corporation. In my time with this company I have not only held three different roles, but also been a part of a layoff and acquisition. While it isn't the typical story of constant promotions, I did come back to the company after being laid off and have continued to find roles to continue to contribute to the company and grow in business acumen. Our SR VP of Business Operations will be writing my LOR and will likely address this interesting situation.

Undergraduate Education:
3.64 GPA from University of Southern California with Degree in Public Policy and Management (3.9 GPA in Architecture Minor)
(Also took Graduate courses at Sonoma State towards their MPA degree, but did not complete the program- GPA of 3.9 in courses taken)

Professional Education:
Bureau of Industry and Security Training on Export Compliance

Extra Curricular Activities:
Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity 3 years
Volunteer and House leader for Rebuilding Together 3 years
Youth Leader at local church (led two groups in missions construction projects in Mexico)

Target Schools:

US Universities:
Kelley School of Business (IU)
Mendoza school of Business (Notre Dame)
Vanderbilt (Owen School of Business).

International:
Oxford (I feel like this could be a serious reach but their focus on social entrepreneurship and international focus is incredibly appealing...any other UK schools that seem like a better match are welcomed)

I wanted to know whether i have a competitive chance at these universities. Any insight on how to help me present a strong application are greatly appreciated.