This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:680

Profile Help

by sundeepmengarthy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:46 pm
Dear Consultant,
Kindly look at my profile below and let me know my further course of action
Educational Background:
I am 31 years old Indian with an MBA from a Top 25 B school in India with an Engineering background, having '7 years' experience with experience in Business Management, Operations and Sales. My Engineering GPA is 3 and my MBA GPA is 3.5 (Specialization in Marketing & Operations) .

Work Experience:
After my Engineering, I worked as a sales executive for 2 years selling consumer durables then did my MBA and got in to one of the top Telecom company in India and worked there on PAN India Marketing and Project management role in their corporate office for 2 Years and then got in to Energy Start up which was part of a $2 Billion corporation, Here as I was involved from the inception, I have done varied roles such as Strategy, Product Development, Business Development, operation and recruitment. As of today the company is 100 employees strong. Due to my contribution to the company, I have been promoted twice in my 3 years stint and currently I hold the General Manager post for one of their divisions with 60 people reporting to me.

Regarding extra circular activities, i have been active participate in various college committees both in graduation and post graduation.
I will be taking the GMAT in a month, so what should be my ideal score if I am looking at the following Colleges and also my plan is to pursue strategic consulting career after my MBA
"¢ London Business School
"¢ INSEAD
"¢ Iese Business School
"¢ HEC Paris
"¢ IMD
"¢ Esade Business School

Also, suggest whether and which top business school in America will be ideal for my profile and career ambition.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:17 members

by Shawn@StratusPrep » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:03 am
Dear sundeepmengarthy,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Since your undergraduate GPA is a tad low and you are a bit of an older applicant, especially for some of the top schools you mentioned, you will benefit most from an extremely high GMAT score (720+) and an exceptional admissions package that emphasizes your entrepreneurial leadership experiences. Since your GMAT score will be so important to demonstrate your academic abilities, I recommend investing in private tutoring to ensure that you reach your full potential. At Stratus Prep we offer virtual tutoring worldwide with GMAT experts who all scored in the top 1% on the real GMAT (770+) and who all have at least two years of teaching experience. 90% of our students score above 650, and 80% score above 700.

Considering your experience and your post-MBA goal of becoming a strategic consultant, I recommend MIT, Berkeley Haas and Kellogg as good target schools for you in the US. The admissions experts at Stratus Prep and I have helped individuals with profiles similar to yours into these schools. You might also consider Wharton. Last year, we had a client from India with a 2.9 who was admitted to Wharton with our help.

If you want to learn more about GMAT tutoring or MBA Admissions with Stratus Prep, email me at [email protected].

Best of luck,
Shawn
Founder/Director, Stratus Prep
Harvard JD/MBA

[email protected]
212-307-1788
www.stratusprep.com

See more Stratus Prep reviews.