Profile evaluation

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaluation

by deepak_223 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:10 pm
Hello Stacy,

I have been following the previous post of this forum quite regularly. Until today I was never sure that will post this question on the forum.

Here is brief overview of my profile.

GMAT- 680 (V31, Q49) - 89 percentile
Bachelor of mechanical engineering - delhi university India
Masters of science in mechanical engineering -Purdue university, west lafayette campus.
Master's GPA - 3.7/4
undergraduate GPA- 71.2/100

Currently I am working in Robert Bosch (largest automotive supplier) as an engineer. As a part of my work I have to occasionally deal with our clients GM USA and Isuzu JAPAN. I am planning to apply in 2009 by that time I would have 5 yrs experience in automotive industry. Before coming to US for my masters I worked in Asia's largest software consultancy firm in India for 2 yrs.
Before joining Bosch I worked for Cummins Engine Company for 2 yrs. I am also quite active in cummunity projects. I was a member of diversity council in my previous job and did some volunteering for community programs. I play soccer and represented a team for soccer league.

I was planning to apply to LBS, Insead and some other top schools in US before I saw my GMAT score. I was bit disappointed by it. I was expecting 700+. What do you think based on my profile where I stand. I can even plan to retake GMAT but considering my hectic work schedule I guess that would be my least preferred choice. Do you think that I should give GMAT. Will 40-50 point increase will help bolster my application further. Please advice. thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:40 am
If you feel that you can increase your score by 40-50 points, it is worth putting in the time to retake. It will significantly help your chances!
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me