Profile Evaluation

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by aspirant2010 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:54 am
Hi,

Kindly evaluate my profile and let me know about my chances of getting into the below mentioned B-Schools-

Profile-

B.Tech Undergrad- 3.7 out of 4
GMAT - 640 (AWA 5.5)
Work Experience- 4 years and currently working as a Senior Product Engineer in Telecom Sector.
Many Awards and Recognition including award from Deputy Chief Minister of State in India

B-schools in which I would like to apply are-

1.York Schulich Canada
2.Imperial Business School,UK
3.Manchester Business School,UK
4.Cranfield Business School,UK
5.CASS,UK
6.Warwick,UK

Anticipating response.

Official Company Rep
Followed by:16 members
GMAT Score:770

by Scott@VeritasPrep » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:37 am
Hello,

While ideally your GMAT would be a little higher (660+), I do think you have a legitimate shot at those schools. The biggest question I have is what community service / extracurricular activities / leadership roles you have in your background. As you probably know, yours is a fairly common profile for MBA applicants, so the challenge will be standing out vs. those other applicants.

Try to answer this question for yourself: "When presented with my application and those of ten other very similar looking applicants, what in my application will make admissions officers at Schulich or Warwick want to admit ME over them?" Many applicants want to answer this question with test scores or certifications, but what is more interesting to admissions officers is anything you can highlight that helps them get to know you better as a person, beyond the numbers.

Assuming some of those elements of your application are strong, then I think you can be competitive at those schools.

Good luck!
Scott