Profile evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaluation

by prahladagarwal » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:32 am
Hi,

Please suggest top MBA programs for me, to which I have very high chances of conversion.

GMAT: 700 (Q: 49, V:35)
CFA charter holder (all 3 levels cleared)
FRM (both levels cleared)
8 year working experience - 5 years Corporate Banking and 3 years Investment Banking (Structured Products/ Fixed Income Securities)
No interrnational working experience.
Undergraduate academics: Average
Extra-curricular: State level business quizzing, snooker. Nothing much other than this.

Regards

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:49 am
Hi prahladagarwal,

The process of applying to (and ultimately attending) Business School will require a big investment of time, money and energy on your part, so you really should make sure that the Programs that you apply to match your career goals/needs. There are a variety of factors that go into selecting the Schools that you'll apply to. Instead of just applying to Programs in which you might have a good chance to 'get in', here are some other things to think about:

1) Is there a particular company that you want to work for or industry that you want to work in? Certain degrees are more appropriate than others if you have a specific career goal.
2) What do you want your MBA to do for you?
3) Do you want to go to School full-time or part-time?
4) Are you willing to relocate? Are you comfortable with working through a program that is primarily online?
5) Are you going to be applying for scholarships?
Etc.

It's okay if you don't have answers to any of these questions just yet, but you really should try to define all of the important variables in terms of your goals, so that you can tailor your entire approach to getting into the best School that matches what you're looking for.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by prahladagarwal » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:56 pm
Thanks for replying

1.I want to continue working in the Investment Banking industry (bulge bracket preferably)
2. I want do an MBA to get geographical mobility and diversity experience
3. Full time
4. Willing to relocate
5. Yes, will apply for scholarships

Also, I want to see myself working in South east Asia.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:32 am
Hi prahladagarwal,

Now that you've defined some of the variables that are important to you, you should be able to research Programs that cater to your needs. In addition, if you're already working in the Investment Banking industry, then you might be able to discuss your goal with senior employees of the company that you work for - they might be able to offer some insight into the specific Programs that would help you on your career track.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]