profile evaluation

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

profile evaluation

by mdram » Sun May 22, 2016 1:44 pm
HI Stacy,

I wold appreciate your comments on my profile. I am targeting the following list of schools - Ross, Cornell, Haas, UCLA, Duke, Tepper. I am aiming for 2017

Gmat - 730 (50Q and 40V, IR 6, essay 6)
GPA - 70% (weakest link), reasons - none really, I was not motivated enough then, my grads in Math are A+, mostly electives and a couple of software courses didn't go so well.
Undergrad - Dual major - Mechatronics engieering (BEng) and Mathematical Sciences (BSc), McMaster University, Canada, 2011
Work Exp - 5 yrs - IBM, Ciena, Software developer, - 1 promotion and 1 job change
Co-op - 20 months -BlackBerry
Community service -
1. Board of director for tech and communications for the local chapter of a federal politic party. I worked on bettering our website which will be central to all our goals for the coming 5 years in the riding.
2. worked as a data analyst understanding the riding voter data to better communicate and customize targeted canvassing of policies to voters based on their concerns, result - won with the highest vote difference ever in the riding, lost the riding the last 2 elections.
3. leadership role in organizing a community football event for all municipal wards in the capital city of Ottawa. My role - Marketing and communications.
4. Volunteered as a farmer with a local body - currently working on improving sales using e-commerce, and sharing agricultural practices with a think tank in India that is using this information for coming up with agricultural policies for small scale farmers with less than 5 acres of farm land.

Entrepreneurship -
worked with my father in starting the family business in 2015
1.logistics company - Carry and forward agent for pepsi, employ about 10 people - 4 permanent and 6 daily workers in India
2. Starting a gas station in India (late 2016)

Why MBA - To my current experience as a software developer and my community service, I would like to add team management, leadership, strategic thinking skills, and project management skills and a few business related technical skills like finance and accounting. I would like to pursue Product Management on graduation and take up more leadership roles in the community.