Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaluation

by AswinG » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:55 pm
Hi,

Need profile evaluation:

Gmat - 580( Q-49, V-20 & IR-4)

Gre - 325 (v160 & q165)

Profile -- Male/Indian - Undergrad - Engineering(non IIT) | GPA - 6.3/10

Job profile: Marketing analyst(Digital marketing field) in a product based software company -- 32 months experience till now. I became a team lead recently. Part of my job is to maintain a marketing campaign with budget in millions/per year for one of our products.

I have planned to apply with my GRE score to the following schools for fall 2016

1. Indian University (Kelley School of Business)
2. University of Notre Dame (Mendoza College of Business)
3. Brigham Young University (Marriott School of Management)
4. ASU (W. P. Carey School of Business)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:26 am
AswinG,

Yes, it's better to apply with GRE. Although most schools accept GRE score these days, check the school's website, just to be sure.

Your GPA is on the lower side, though your standing in the class matters too. If you finished, say, in top one-third, your GPA will look better. And if you faced any special circumstances (reason for low GPA), then you must mention them.

You've a chance at these schools. And the way to strengthen that is to write great essays and get solid recommendations. B-schools want to see proof of managerial abilities (leadership, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and so on) and career progression (promotions and/ or increase in responsibilities) in your profile. Dig them out. And personalize your application.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
--------------------------------------
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
--------------------------------------
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Personal MBA Coach » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:06 am
AswinG wrote:Hi,

Need profile evaluation:

Gmat - 580( Q-49, V-20 & IR-4)

Gre - 325 (v160 & q165)

Profile -- Male/Indian - Undergrad - Engineering(non IIT) | GPA - 6.3/10

Job profile: Marketing analyst(Digital marketing field) in a product based software company -- 32 months experience till now. I became a team lead recently. Part of my job is to maintain a marketing campaign with budget in millions/per year for one of our products.

I have planned to apply with my GRE score to the following schools for fall 2016

1. Indian University (Kelley School of Business)
2. University of Notre Dame (Mendoza College of Business)
3. Brigham Young University (Marriott School of Management)
4. ASU (W. P. Carey School of Business)
AswinG,

Thank you for the detailed post. As it was mentioned above, your standing in school relative to classmates will be important. Aside from that, with a GRE (those schools all accept it) of 325 and marketing at a software company, you have a very good profile for those schools.

What have you done outside of work? I would be interested to learn about your extracurricular activities. If you tie a nice story together, you should see success.

Reach out if you want more specific help with your applications. Good luck!

Best,
Scott