Profile Evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by rn2610 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:09 am
Hello,

I am Rishabh and I wish to have my profile evaluated so that I can have a clear idea about my future prospects.

I have started preparing for my GMAT exam and would be appearing for it in January.
I have done my Engineering from VIT University, Vellore and secured a CGPA of 8.03 on the scale of 10.
My 10th and 12th scores were 89.6% and 86.6% respectively

I am currently working as an Associate Project Manager with EMC Corporation and in total I have work experience of about 1.5 years but I am planing to go for my MBA after 3 years of work experience.

I am also ITIL and CAPM certified.

I was also a part of an NGO during my college and also have had involvement in extracurricular activities

As I wish to pursue my MBA in operations, I wanted to know if targeting a score of 700 at least and with above mentioned work experience would I be able to secure a good B-School in Singapore and US (considering top 30)

Thanks

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by mcbMcK » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:06 am
Rishabh,

The point on GMAT is not a singular one and has to be evaluated in conjunction with other aspects of the profile. Your work experience sounds non-common and provided you excel at it, will help matters. The academic pedigree isn't bad either. Higher the better is the general rule when it comes to the GMAT.

But instead of dishing out high level advice, I would encourage you to check out our Profile Builder package that we've designed for exactly folks in your situation.

Cheers,
MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by apphelp » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:05 am
rn2610 wrote:Hello,

I am Rishabh and I wish to have my profile evaluated so that I can have a clear idea about my future prospects.

I have started preparing for my GMAT exam and would be appearing for it in January.
I have done my Engineering from VIT University, Vellore and secured a CGPA of 8.03 on the scale of 10.
My 10th and 12th scores were 89.6% and 86.6% respectively

I am currently working as an Associate Project Manager with EMC Corporation and in total I have work experience of about 1.5 years but I am planing to go for my MBA after 3 years of work experience.

I am also ITIL and CAPM certified.

I was also a part of an NGO during my college and also have had involvement in extracurricular activities

As I wish to pursue my MBA in operations, I wanted to know if targeting a score of 700 at least and with above mentioned work experience would I be able to secure a good B-School in Singapore and US (considering top 30)

Thanks
Hi Rishabh,

We dont see any issues in terms of your work ex. Infact as an APM, if you can have rich experience with team mgmt, client interaction and communication, risk mgmt etc. it will help.

Try to target a 720 on GMAT. You have time and GMAT score plays a critical role when it comes to Indian applicants. So, dont leave any stone unturned.

Also, see what can you highlight apart from your work ex. Since you have time you can build upon something.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy

Confused about schools? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP (apphelp.co.in)
Phone: +91 9871354580
Blog: https://www.blog.apphelp.co.in