Profile Evaluation

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by FrankStein » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:40 pm
Hi,
Please suggest the list of colleges(in USA).

GMAT Score: 630
Verbal: 27 , Quant: 49 , IR: 3 , AWA: 4

Work Experience: Total Work exp- 2.5yrs
1)1.5yr as Software Developer with an Indian IT MNC . Worked on Data warehousing and Analytics project for a major American Bank.
Key Roles:
->Ensure the Data Warehousing is done through all possible channels.
->Analyse the discrepancies in patterns of transactions by major clients of the bank.
->Make Changes in code for addition of new channels and modifications to existing channels.

2)1yr as Analyst with a HealthCare StartUp:
Key Roles:
-> Leading a team of analysts who handle the master data.
->Research into Data Aspect of every segment the company launches.
->Creation of teams for effective organization of data.
->Improve the efficiency of these teams through new product feature and process changes.
->Assist international Teams (Brazil,phillipines,Mexico,UAE,Indonesia,Singapore).
->Work closely with outsourcing teams for improving data in all the above mentioned countries.
(Brief Profile of company: Presence in 35 Indian cities and 5 International Countries. Expanding at an exponential rate, has raised a funding of 125milllion USD. The company had a funding of 4million USD when I joined).

Achievements:
1)Worked on a compression algorithm, a business values add, which saved 10K $ for the client.(* Bussiness values add is an initiative taken up by the individual)
2) Proposed a team to improve the quality of the data at start up. The team is growing rapidly and has 20 operation folks, an operation Manager and 2 product managers.
3) Worked closely with senior management of the company to launch in 3 new segments.(a segment is a new vertical product line for the company).

Internship:
Worked at Defence Research and Development Organization(DRDO) to improve the operational efficiency and present reports to senior scientists by analysing bidders for projects.

Education:
GPA: 7.32 on a scale of 10(Bachelor of Technology from a reputed college in India.(Ranked in Top 15).

Extra Curricular:
->Finance Co-ordinator for Technical Festivals of the university.(Key Role: Obtaining sponsorship for the festivals).
->Active member of Toastmaster International

Social Initiatives:
->As my college is located in an earthquake prone area, I started an initiative with the help of local administration to educate public about the Do's and Dont's. Prior to it, I have attended a course on Disaster Management.
->Part of an initiative that was started by college to educate children from economically backward class.

Post MBA:
Work in financial Domain as a consultant.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:31 pm
Hi there,

Thanks for posting. I like a lot of the accomplishments and initiatives you've made during your work experience, though your total experience is fairly 'short'.... top 40 or so schools in the US will be challenging though with your current GMAT score... have you taken it more than once? Schools do take the highest score and it's becoming pretty common to try it more than once, just in case that is an option... keep us posted!! Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders