Profile Evaluation!!

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation!!

by avatsavirsluhem » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:45 am
All,
Request you all to please evaluate my profile:
Male, Indian, 31 Years old.
Expected GMAT : Around 680 - 700 ( Writing on 7th Feb 2015 )
Total Experience - 8 years
Education : BTech in Information Technology
CGPA : 6.6/ 10.
10th - 67%
12th - 68%

Extra Curricular :
"¢ Passionate Trekker and lead a team of 4 to Roopkund (16k ft) apart from that sucessfully completed Chopta (13k ft), Rupin (15k), Gurudongmar (18k)
"¢ Photography - Have my own blog with reasonable number of hits
"¢ Active member of Corporate Trekking Team

Work Ex :
"¢ Currently working in a Market Research and Consulting firm as a Sourcing lead, have an experience of around 96 months as of today.
"¢ Independently lead 3 global accounts on which I have been able to increase the revenue from $25k to over $600k within just a year. Accountable for client servicing, delivery and revenue generation.
"¢ Brought down cost overheads and directly contributing to the bottom line thus increasing overall savings from 13% to 22% in FY13-14'. Absolute saving of more than 1.5 million USD.
"¢ Instrumental in increasing the sales conversion from 6% to 14% within a span of a year.
"¢ Seasoned player and expert in providing end to end research solutions.
"¢ Was moved from operations to sales purely on performance basis, was interviewed internally by various business ahead before this transition happened.
"¢ The only drawback I see is that I have hopped 5 jobs in the span on 8 years - will that be a problem?

Goals : Post my MBA, I want to move into Strategic Consulting or Product/Brand Management ( More inclined towards Strategic Consulting though).

Recommendations : Will get recommendations from my Boss (Senior Director - APAC Sales and Sourcing Head) and One of the Country Manager in India of a renowned Market Research firm (My client ).

Colleges Targeting ( With Some Financial Assistance) :
"¢ UNC Kenan Flagler
"¢ Wisconsin MBA
"¢ Terry - Michigan
"¢ Sloan
"¢ Emory

Please guide me with the selection and would like to go with a college who is more liberal in terms of scholarships and can provide upfront GA/TA.

I have decided only on the above mentioned colleges till now. I'd rather want to go with full scholarships as basically applying for round 3/4/5/rolling - what are the odds?
Along with the above, I want to move fast and planning for a 2015 admit so I know for a fact it is going to be challenging but I just can't wait for another year before I get too old for a B School.

Thanks in Advance �

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Vanessa Clemens » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:40 am
You have a good work experience, you could get your profile evaluated here, pretty useful - https://www.genedmba.com/evaluate-your-c ... b-schools/