Profile Evaluation

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by Sneha Sudge » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:46 am
Hi,

I have certain questions. I want your opinion on these questions which will help me to take the right decision.
I want to know that to what extent will a fellowship help me to get admitted to a MBA program in one of the to 20 colleges. I'm looking forward to attend Teach For India Fellowship- https://www.teachforindia.org/fellow-shi ... ooking-for.
The selection criteria for this fellowship is in par with some of the Ivy-league colleges like INSEAD with acceptance rate between 7-10%. I want to know will this fellowship help me in making my application/profile strong enough to get admitted to one of the top 20 colleges. The objective of the fellowship is to create leaders who will work towards eradicating inequality in education. Keeping the same objective in mind, I want to pursue MBA post fellowship which help me to broaden my knowledge and help to build some strong networks and connections.

My Background:
Work Exp: I'm a Software Engineer. Working at a Product Development Company from past 3 years.

Qualification: Bachelors of Engineering from one of the top institute in India(Pune Institute of Computer Technology- PICT)
GPA: 3.3
GMAT: Targeting around 700-730

I have also completed a online diploma program in Entrepreneurship in Business Development from EDII(Entrepreneur Development Institute of India, Ahemdabad )

Extra Curricular Activities: Volunteer with an NGO- Door Step School, from past one year. A core committee member of their English Teaching Program. Also help them in managing their social media presence like preparing news letters, managing Facebook and Google+ pages.

Your advice or opinion will be very helpful.