Profile Evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by mrabhiram » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:31 pm
Hi,
I am working as a Tech developer in India. My experience in years would be 3 years by the time MBA graduation commences. Aiming for 2015 class.
Exp - 3 yrs
GMAT Score is 730.
Essay 5/6 .

Technical Experience -
1. Promoted twice untill now.
2. Started a start-up. Developed a app which is been used by 10K people and growing.
3. Freelanced many projects during college time.
4. Interned for 3 months, during college.
5. Huge open source enthusiast. Open source code contributor.

Extra curricular activities -
1. Organised technical events at college level.
2. Conducted many hack festivals for students around India.
3. Member of Hyderabad Open source Enthusiast. Conducted, volunteered many events.
4. Works for iCare a organisation to help economically challenged kids in studies.
5. College level Cricket player.
6. Run a blog to guide students technically. Offer them suggestions, guide them to be a unique student, technically. 500+ students.

Post-MBA goals :
I would like be a part of Entreprenual program and start a startup after completing my MBA. Seeking a cool Entreprenual (or) General Management program experience and would start off with my preneur.

I am considering applying for universities in US.
Duke(Fuqua), McCombs, Tepper, Ross, University of California .

Request you to, suggest me which are the safe schools and stretch schools.

Best,
Abhiram

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:44 am
Hi Abhiram,

You have decent profile with solid GMAT and you are at the right stage of your career with 3 yrs of work ex along with some good achievements to showcase in your profile. Based on your profile Univ of California-Haas would be a stretch school and rest of the schools are moderate.

If you are looking at entrepreneurship then you should consider applying to Babson College followed by Stanford, MIT Sloan, Harvard, Haas and Wharton.

If you happen to based out of Bangalore, you may attend our MBA workshop organized by the alumni of top B-Schools and admission director of ISB. For more information and registration visit https://goo.gl/GjmFdu

Regards,
Manish
www.general-ed.com

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:15 pm
Hey there mate,

Congratulations on a great GMAT score! But before I can tell you what schools make sense and which are aligned or safety, I need a BIT more information. For example, it's great that you've been promoted twice but what do you DO? Do you have any leadership experience? What's your impact? What's your app about? Is it 10K paying customers or is it free? What are the plans there? How long have you been doing it? Are you working with anyone else.

I hope you see where I'm going with this - you've listed the tip of the iceberg in your post. Now we need to get below the water line and into the real substance.

The more you share, the better I can respond!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!