profile evaluation

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

profile evaluation

by stmk407 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:22 pm
I'll be very glad if you evaluate my profile for the schools.
GMAT:Male
Nationality:Turkish, Caucasion
University:ITU (ranked 390th in the world, 1th in Turkey) Chemical Engineering
IBT:107 R30,L29,S24,W24
GMAT 720, q49 v38
At the previous one(640) i got 50 for q so, in your opinion should i mention it, because the night before the test i couldnt sleep well and i think i made some basic miscalculations. I care this a lot because with 50 i was in top 5 percentile with 49, in 12 percentile that's why i am worried.
My gpa 2.50 what's because i care gmat to offset my low gpa. However i got AAs for Calculus I, Physics I, BA for Economics, Chemistry, BB for Calculus II and Differential Equations.
Extracurricular activities: I was the president of chess club in high school brought the Turkish Champion to school for private tutoring. In university, i was members of gokart club, chess club, chemical engineering club. I have seperate friend groups for playing soccer, gokart, and fitness&swimming everyweek. I have 2 gold for chess, 1 silver medal for volleyball from the camps i attended. I became 7th in chess in Istanbul among my coevals.
Community service: I have done organizations for poor people in Turkey for their need, by working for services to help them for years.
Job related activities(not work experience): In a project to build 1200 houses, i worked as a volunteer with the manager of the project for learning. He gave me great responsibilities and i managed with most of the challenges.
My official work experience is just 2 months internship.
My father has been the head of the departmen of management engineering of the top university in Turkey according to the rankings and he inspired me from the childhood for management and economics.
I know it was a little too detailed but for you to say something precisely, i thought you should see the picture with everything with pros and cons.
The schools i am thinking to apply is UCLA and Tepper Full-Time. What can you say about my chances?