Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Profile evaluation

by preetha_85 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:49 pm
Hi

My profile is as below :

GMAT Score :660 (q48 V33)
Work ex : SAP BW consultant (Hewlett Packard)
3 yrs exp by Sept. 2009.

moved quickly from a role as an ABAP(technical consultant) into BW domain
working in an almost independent proj. for P&G client in Category supply planning..

GPA :3.6/5 (72%)

Have strong extra curriculars.. Represented my state (tamilnadu) in junior nationals.. and won 2 bronzes in the junior(U-16) category.

Was also a part of my university team (Anna university) for 3 years

Do i stand chance at universities like Darden/Tuck etc... since my score is low.. If not which universities do u suggest I stand a chance in...

Also how good are my chances at UK universities like Lancaster/Manchester etc...

I already retook the GMAT once and got the same score(660) again...

Please help...

Thanks in Advance...

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Eliot » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:55 pm
Preetha_85,

Thanks for your note. You mention that your university grades were 3.2/5 (72%). Could you please give me a sense of what your class rank was? Did you earn any distinctions? I am trying to determine how well you did relative to your peers at university.

Obviously, a 660 GMAT score is low for an IT consultant - so this will limit your chances at top 15 schools.

Given the number of SAP consultants who apply to business school, it is important that you stand out from the group. I am pleased that you seem to have moved up during your three years working. Ideally you should highlight the impact of your work and any increased management/leadership roles.

I would be interested in your career goals and why you are seeking an MBA. This would aid in the school selection. Obviously, a 660 GMAT will make it very difficult for you to gain admission to Tuck and Darden.

Sincerely,

Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit LLC
Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.