Profile Evaluation Request

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Request

by akhilesh.bhatti » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:18 pm
Hi,

My name is Akhilesh and I am from India.

Can you please evaluate my profile and tell me my chances in the following universities. It would be very helpful for me in making a strategy for my application process

GMAT ----- 650
GPA ----- 3.5
TOEFL ----- 280/300
Work-Experience ----- Two(2) Years in an IT Firm at the time application and by the time I join I would be having full three(3) years of Work Experience. Moreover, I have part time experience and also have internship experience.

Apart from this I have loads of client appreciations and official appreciations to show.

Please evaluate my chances in the following universities.

1.) NYU Stern School of Business
2.) Ohio Fisher School of Business.
3.) Chicago GSB
4.) Columbia
5.) Cornell University
6.) Rochester -- Simon School of Business
7.) Stanford University

I have really really very good recommendations. they are ranking me the best of the team and you can expect a really very very very good recommendation while evaluating my chances in the above universities.

Besides this at my workplace I have been the best of my team and won many appreciations from my seniors.
It would really help me if you have a brief look at my profile and tell me do I really stand a chance in getting admitted to these schools.
Hoping for an reply from your side soon.

Thanks
Akhilesh

MBA Admissions Consultant

by erins » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:08 am
Hi -

Thanks for the inquiry.

Regarding the list of schools you provided and chances of admission...I have a few questions for you. How many times have you taken the GMAT? Do you think you can improve your score from the 650 level? Also, you didn't mention extracurricular/community service involvement. As you probably know, this is an important piece of the puzzle when it comes to acceptance to top programs.

While your recommendations sound strong, as you know the pool of applicants with backgrounds similar to your own is quite large. I would suggest narrowing down your list a bit - Stanford, Columbia and even Cornell and Chicago would seem to be a stretch at this point.

I hope this helps.
Regards,
Erin
Erin Schuhmacher, MBA
Senior Consultant

Our Mission is Your Mission

mbaMission

www.mbamission.com
646-485-8844

Read the mbaMission Guides (12 individual school titles)
Visit the mbaMission Blog
Follow mbaMission on Visit the mbaMission Twitter