Profile evaluation request -Indian male/ GMAT 710

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi

I am Aditya Pande. I just gave my GMAT and got a score of 710 (Quant 50, VA 35, IR 6, AWA 5.5). I am looking for 2016 admissions

Indian/ manufacturing sector(supply chain) / GMAT - 710 / Average academics /work ex - 3.5 years by dec 2015

Following is my educational background:-
10th - 79.8%
12th - 82.2%
Co - curricular - participated in various adventure camps, represented school in regional level swimming competition, Short Story written by me was displayed to public in Delhi Haat during AIDS awareness week selected among 5 schools, participated in various quizes and occasional painting and dramas, was house vice captain in 12th standard.

Engineering - 8.54/10 from Vishwakarma Institute of Technology (an autonomous institute under University of Pune) comes in top 3 of University.
Co - curricular - participated in various national level technology fests in robotics, organised An event Micromind in College techfest, Part of college editorial team, was part of college NGO (but dont have any certificate for this), participated in national level paper presentation event

I have already one MBA from Symbiosis Institute of Management studies , Symbiosis International University in Operations Management - 2.942 /4 (CGPA)
Co - curriculum - came 3rd in a strategy event called estrategia in SIBM business festival (national level event), Part of noesis the operations club, volunteered at Pranay an NGO, part of placement brochure presentation team, part of Group Discussion / Personal Interview team for 2011 admissions.
Internship
1. KIMS specialty hospital - analysis of security at the hospital and do manpower optimization (2 months)
2. Larsen & toubro - supply chain revamping project (3 months)

I am currently working in Tata Chemicals Limited as Deputy Manager - Strategic Sourcing & Vessel Chartering (August 2014 - Present). In this capacity i am looking after commodity import of almost 2 million MT per year of different types of coal, limestone etc and am responsible for chartering vessels and movement of material from load port to discharge port. I am involved in all contractual negotiation activities and market MIS. I have undertaken project realising significant company savings.

Earlier I was working as Deputy manager - Packaging, Automation & Quality Assurance in Tata Chemicals(July 2013 - August 2014) . In this capacity i was looking after 5 packing centers catering to regional and national demand of 13 SKUs of different products. Complete end to end value chain mapping and management was done by me for these 5 packing units. In this capacity 3 quality supervisors directly reported to me and more than 300 workers were indirectly under me.

Prior to that i was Management Trainee with Tata Chemicals Limited. In this period i have done a project with NGO for 4 months (working in sales, inventory management system), a 4 month project with Agricultural business in market research and benchmarking project and 4 months with consumer products business to improve efficiency of southern region packing centers
Awards: best management trainee project
Gold medal in Business excellence stewardship training
Awarded certificate of recognition for reducing downtime and maintenance cost.
I am also certified six sigma green belt

I intend to apply to
ISB
INSEAD
NUS
Carnegie mellon- tepper
Cornell - johnson
MIT - Masters in SCM
Keenan Flager - UNC
Mcdonnaugh Business school - Georgetown
Ross school of business
I want to further specialize in International SCM and get into a consulting firm

Can you please advice to which programs should i apply and if my earlier MBA will be a hinderance in admission process.