Profile Evaluation request For MSF programs

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
First of all, I would like to thank you for providing this profile evaluation. It's so helpful!
Please help evaluate my chance to get into B-school. I really appreciate every comments.

GMAT: (yet to give) getting 700 in practice test
TOEFL: 108

EDUCATION
Max Muller-German Language 2015-Present
LAD College-French Language 2015-Present
BBA in Finance (70 %), 2015
TIRPUDE INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT EDUCATION, Nagpur
Other Diploma and Certification - DCGA, CCAA, MS-CIT, TALLY ERP 9 and Stanford Econ1

WORK & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Independent Event Management Coordinator Planner and Real Estate Broker Aug2015-Present
UNIWEB TECHNOCRATS
Management Trainee, August 2014-October 2014
Worked as a management trainee involving handling of Human Resource and helping of customers to provide them need based products and services. Mainly interacted with Customers
V.C.M.D.W.A, December2014-January 2015
"¢ Organized and coordinated a marketing program for COMP-EX 2015 Event in Nagpur. Organized the whole event with a team of 16 people.
MCA and DSO, September 2014-June 2015
Assisted Chief Arbiter in conducting Chess Competition in Nagpur City.

Societies, Activities, - Contributed 3 years in Rotract Club participating in the Development of underprivileged children and social causes.
Interest- Playing badminton

Language- Hindi, Punjabi and English Fluently,, French (Studying can read sentences), German

Awards and Recognition-
"¢ Won General Proficiency Award in 12th Class for highest marks in Economics.
"¢ Got 1st rank as a Commerce student in Vidharbha region in 12th class and 2nd in the School.
"¢ Won 1st rank in Dalal Street Competition for getting highest profit in trading of stocks.
"¢ Won various state level Martial Art competition

I would like to apply in Vanderbilt and Boston. Please tell me will i be a strong candidate in these B-school for MSF program, Also i am Studying for CFA level 1 and going to New York for Internship in a small Boutique Investment Bank.

Please comment on my profile, and advise what should be improved or mentioned in my essay.Should i take more Quantitative Courses anything.

Thank you in Advance

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:49 am
My area of expertise is MBA programs, so I can only weigh in on your question by analyzing the class profiles for these schools' MSF programs. Everything seems to align well, assuming your GMAT will be in the 700 range; I can't say for sure how your GPA would translate into the 4 point US system, but it should put you well above the 3.6+ average GPA in their class profiles. Gaining international work experience will definitely help you as well.

Good luck!
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me