Profile Evaluation pls!

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation pls!

by nidhi27 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:49 am
Hi

My profile is summarized below. Would request you for an evaluation pl.

Work Ex till date

- Close to 5yrs in marketing and brand management. Worked on pan India brand launches in consumer durable category.
Independently handle the entire marketing for 2 brands on a national level.
- Have exposure to sales, research, creative etc as a part of branding team

Acad
MBA - IMI, Delhi
Class 12 - 84% CBSE
Class 10 - 90% CBSE
GMAT - Yet to take (aiming at above 720)

Looking at ISB as my dream school. Have done MBA but aiming at a degree from the best with a chance to interact with the brightest minds. Eventually want to turn to entrepeunership

ECAs
- Involved in Place Comm in college
- Dramatics, theatre at college level (Amateur)
- Deeply interested in social work since school days. Active NGO member, Teach India volunteer, NSS member, currently teach and raise funds for NGO in Delhi
-Avid cook, have started sale of cookies etc on specific occasions like Xmas

Awards
- High acad awards in school
- Outstanding rating in current companny
- Accolades for specific events in previous organisations

Pl let me know how my profile is wrt applying to ISB and what can I look at adding to it.
Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:9 members

by mbaMissionJessica » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:06 pm
Hi, and thank you for your inquiry.

I believe you will be competitive at ISB. Your marketing background and responsibility at a national level shows leadership, ability to work with others, and drive results. You have some glimmers of entrepreneurship through the cookie sales although I wouldn't push that point too hard! And it sounds like you have some proven commitment to the larger community. If you get a solid score on the GMAT, I believe you'll be competitive at ISB.

Because you're a career changer, you'll want to draw a very clear line about how your past experience prepares you for your future. Look for transferable skills you've developed from your professional experience and even from your activities outside of your job, and show them how one flows into and builds on the other. It's fine to be changing careers, but don't look whimsical - show that you're planning this carefully and have some solid skills that will transfer with you.

However - because you have an MBA already, before you get your hopes up, check with the school as to whether you're eligible. You may not be. If you are, be prepared to explain clearly why you need a second MBA.

Best of luck,
Jessica Shklar
Senior Consultant
mbaMission (www.mbamission.com)
646-485-8844

Sign up for a free consultation with mbaMission, the only admissions consulting firm that leading GMAT prep companies, ManhattanGMAT and Kaplan, recommend.
www.mbamission.com/consult.php