Profile Evaluation - ISB Hyderabad

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Aishwarya » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:34 pm
Hi,

I would appreciate if you could evaluate my prof.

Indian Female: 27 years old.

X: 97%
XII:90%
BE: Electronics from Anna University- 70% First Class.

Work Experience: 6.4 years as on date.

Current Profile: Assistant Manager- Marketing for a German MNC ( Electronics Manufacturer )

Interested Profiles: Marketing and General Management.
Profile Highlights:
1. Client facing role with technical expertise in Electronics which involves, Market Research, Business Forecast, Industry Segment Analysis , EMarketing Tools.
2. Been associated with the prestigious Murugappa Group in Marketing of niche lectronics products and instrumental in pitching new product specialized for rubber and friction material industry which earned the company a revenue of INR 75 Crores YOY.
3. Nominated for the MELSSIAN Award within 6 months of my joining the organization for implementing 5S in the department which profusely helped in tracking and traceablity
4. Devised new marketing strategy in approach towards exhibitions that generated multiple leads which were eventually converted to orders.

Academic Achievements:
1. Active Participant and winner in Debates, Elocutions, Essat Writing, Symposiums.
2. Classical Dancer( Bharatanatyam).
3. Tadio Jockey in College FM.

I am a co-founder of a training center which focusses on training core engineering students in Skills required by the Electronics Industry, there by facilitating Electronics, Instrumentation and Electrical Engineers to work in the industry of their specializations.
Travelled across TamilNadu for this cause and have conducted workshops and seminars in more than 20 colleges in the past two years.

Long term aspirations: I would want to work in a Senior role in the Marketing function and contribute toward the business growth by exploring new avenues and tapping them constantly by combining periodic research and stratergic approach to convert opportunities to orders and long term business associations.

I am taking the GMAT in Sept this year and planning for a 2016 admissions. What should be the score I should be looking at.What other factors whould I focus on?.

Also , I do not have any international work exposure. Will this affect my chances of admission to the ISB

by [email protected] » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:23 am
Hi,

Request you to kindly evaluate my profile for PGP in ISB. I am yet to give GMAT and I have booked it on Sept 3rd week.

Class 10= 88%
Class 12= 85.14%
Engineering= 8.45 CGPA.

WORK ex as on 31-09-2015 = 33 months

I work for service based company in engineering sector. I have earned core competencies in my technical field and do interact with lot of foreign clients.Apart from my technical work, I have also contributed in 2 major business deals with clients that added a lot of revenue to the company.

Major achievements- Employee of the quarter award.

Can we consider organizing technical and cultural fests on a big scale in college level to our achievement bag through which we acquire few important business skills?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:34 members

by AskgoISB » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:23 am
Aishwarya wrote:Hi,

Current Profile: Assistant Manager- Marketing for a German MNC ( Electronics Manufacturer )

Profile Highlights:
1. Client facing role with technical expertise in Electronics which involves, Market Research, Business Forecast, Industry Segment Analysis , EMarketing Tools.
2. Been associated with the prestigious Murugappa Group in Marketing of niche lectronics products and instrumental in pitching new product specialized for rubber and friction material industry which earned the company a revenue of INR 75 Crores YOY.
3. Nominated for the MELSSIAN Award within 6 months of my joining the organization for implementing 5S in the department which profusely helped in tracking and traceablity
4. Devised new marketing strategy in approach towards exhibitions that generated multiple leads which were eventually converted to orders.

Academic Achievements:
1. Active Participant and winner in Debates, Elocutions, Essat Writing, Symposiums.

I am a co-founder of a training center which focusses on training core engineering students in Skills required by the Electronics Industry, there by facilitating Electronics, Instrumentation and Electrical Engineers to work in the industry of their specializations.
Travelled across TamilNadu for this cause and have conducted workshops and seminars in more than 20 colleges in the past two years.

Long term aspirations: I would want to work in a Senior role in the Marketing function and contribute toward the business growth by exploring new avenues and tapping them constantly by combining periodic research and stratergic approach to convert opportunities to orders and long term business associations.

I am taking the GMAT in Sept this year and planning for a 2016 admissions. What should be the score I should be looking at.What other factors whould I focus on?.

Also , I do not have any international work exposure. Will this affect my chances of admission to the ISB
Hi Aishwarya,

Your overall candidature is very strong. You work ex is very diverse as there are few females with marketing experience who apply. Your extra currics are also pretty strong. Dont worry about international work experience.

Try to target atleast a 700 on GMAT. If you can get more your chances will definitely be better.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

goISB Team
Last edited by AskgoISB on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
goISB team
https://www.goISB.com
Ph: +91 9871354580
Email:[email protected]
Check goISB's Guaranteed Admissions Program (GAP) - ISB admit or money back*
https://www.goisb.com/services/gap/

by AskgoISB » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:28 am
[email protected] wrote:Hi,

Request you to kindly evaluate my profile for PGP in ISB. I am yet to give GMAT and I have booked it on Sept 3rd week.

Class 10= 88%
Class 12= 85.14%
Engineering= 8.45 CGPA.

I work for service based company in engineering sector. I have earned core competencies in my technical field and do interact with lot of foreign clients.Apart from my technical work, I have also contributed in 2 major business deals with clients that added a lot of revenue to the company.

Can we consider organizing technical and cultural fests on a big scale in college level to our achievement bag through which we acquire few important business skills?
Hi Sairam,

We see your profile as a typical Indian IT male profile. While the way your present the 2 business deals may fetch you some points, a lot will depend on your GMAT score. We recommend a GMAT score of 730+.

Tech fests etc may not be a differentiator ( irrespective of scale) as mostly every applicant writes something like this.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

goISB Team
Cheers,
goISB team

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by rahulmathur9818 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:45 pm
Would be great if someone could evaluate my profile for ISB

-28 y/o Indian Male

-GMAT 710 (49Q, 39V)-

-Graduated in 2008 from a business school in UK with a degree in accounting and finance. Topped my degree in year one. Ended up with an upper 2.1 degree.

-planned on working in UK itself in order to get some international work ex but had to move back to India because of my fathers death (3 weeks after final term). Had to take care of family affairs (financial and emotional) so moved back.

-Have 7+ years of work experience.

-working as head of the business development and strategy implementation division of a firm based out of New Delhi, with interests across hydropower, textiles and education and annual revenues of over US$125m. Have worked across all 3 sectors. Currently leading a team in implementing the expansion/diversification of the education vertical. The project is at an advanced stage of implementation and the financial rewards from the project have already started flowing in. The idea for diversification was my brainchild and thus I was made the team leader of the project. I'm also the youngest at the firm at a senior managerial role. I've held leadership roles across all the 3 verticals. I regularly deal/interact with clients from all over the world and frequently visit textile marketing events across the globe. The firm however would be a relatively unknown to most people on the admissions team (Well known in India though)

-short term goal is to make a transition to a top tier management consulting firm within the strategy division and work in new geographies in Western Europe or North America. Long term goal is to take up a senior management role at a fortune 500 firm. In my current role I'm coming up with and executing ideas that lead to improvement in business process and create value for the firm. I think a career in consulting will be a reasonable sell as my STG.

-Extra curricular: work with one of the most prominent environmental NGO in the country. Have been closely associated with environmental research over the last 5 years. Also, Having lost my father to blood cancer I started a cancer foundation in his name and have raised over INR 2.5m which in turn is being used to help underprivileged patients in their treatment. Also organize an annual blood donation camp. I have also redrafted and implemented the corporate social responsibility charter at the firm with a focus on sanitation for the poor and improving female financial literacy. Finally I've also worked for a member of parliament from 2009-2014 on devising a plan for development in the members parliamentary constituency with a population of over 2m residents.

Thanks

Followed by:4 members

by isbmantra.com » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:05 pm
Hi @Aishwarya! Your profile looks good indeed. While your undergrad percentage could have been better, a strong set of essays should help along with a 710+ GMAT. International exposure will not be a problem at ISB, but with this profile, you should also consider the IIM 1-yr programs and couple of international ones if you do not have any constraints.

All the Best!
'ISBmantra /EssaySunday Consulting'

https://isbmantra.com/people/core-team
[The only company with former ISB Admissions Officials on board]

Watch the video to know how we work:
https://youtu.be/01NYw8WUnMk
Aishwarya wrote:Hi,

Profile Highlights:

Academic Achievements:

'ISBmantra'
www.isbmantra.com
mail to : [email protected]

For international MBA programs, visit www.essaysunday.com - successfully placed students in top schools such as Wharton, Kellogg, Fuqua, Tuck, INSEAD, Oxford etc.

by isbmantra.com » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:19 pm
Hi @rahulmathur9818! Your profile looks strong enough for ISB and 710 should not be a problem. While consulting in Europe may not be feasible in the short term, you may achieve it in the US by targeting some US MBA programs.

All the Best!

rahulmathur9818 wrote:Would be great if someone could evaluate my profile for ISB

-28 y/o Indian Male

-GMAT 710 (49Q, 39V)-

-Graduated in 2008 from a business school in UK with a degree in accounting and finance. Topped my degree in year one. Ended up with an upper 2.1 degree.

-planned on working in UK itself in order to get some international work ex but had to move back to India because of my fathers death (3 weeks after final term). Had to take care of family affairs (financial and emotional) so moved back.

-working as head of the business development and strategy implementation division of a firm based out of New Delhi, with interests across hydropower, textiles and education and annual revenues of over US$125m. Have worked across all 3 sectors. Currently leading a team in implementing the expansion/diversification of the education vertical. The project is at an advanced stage of implementation and the financial rewards from the project have already started flowing in. The idea for diversification was my brainchild and thus I was made the team leader of the project. I'm also the youngest at the firm at a senior managerial role. I've held leadership roles across all the 3 verticals. I regularly deal/interact with clients from all over the world and frequently visit textile marketing events across the globe. The firm however would be a relatively unknown to most people on the admissions team (Well known in India though)

-short term goal is to make a transition to a top tier management consulting firm within the strategy division and work in new geographies in Western Europe or North America. Long term goal is to take up a senior management role at a fortune 500 firm. In my current role I'm coming up with and executing ideas that lead to improvement in business process and create value for the firm. I think a career in consulting will be a reasonable sell as my STG.

-Extra curricular: work with one of the most prominent environmental NGO in the country. Have been closely associated with environmental research over the last 5 years. Also, Having lost my father to blood cancer I started a cancer foundation in his name and have raised over INR 2.5m which in turn is being used to help underprivileged patients in their treatment. Also organize an annual blood donation camp. I have also redrafted and implemented the corporate social responsibility charter at the firm with a focus on sanitation for the poor and improving female financial literacy. Finally I've also worked for a member of parliament from 2009-2014 on devising a plan for development in the members parliamentary constituency with a population of over 2m residents.

Thanks
'ISBmantra'
www.isbmantra.com

For international MBA programs, visit www.essaysunday.com - successfully placed students in top schools such as Wharton, Kellogg, Fuqua, Tuck, INSEAD, Oxford etc.

by isbmantra.com » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:26 pm
Hi Sairam! Your acads look good and the quality of your experience seems rich. The only hurdle is the increasing number of candidates from the engineering sector. A 730+ GMAT with a strong set of essays demonstrating rich industry exposure should make things easier for you.

All the Best!

[email protected] wrote:Hi,

Class 10= 88%
Class 12= 85.14%
Engineering= 8.45 CGPA.

'ISBmantra'
www.isbmantra.com

by AskgoISB » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:08 pm
rahulmathur9818 wrote:Would be great if someone could evaluate my profile for ISB

-28 y/o Indian Male

-GMAT 710 (49Q, 39V)-

Thanks
Hi Rahul,

Your GMAT score is fine and work experience is pretty rich and strong. Education from UK will also help. If you work hard at ISB, you can get into Mck or BCG and start off with their Gurgaon/ Mumbai office. These companies are pretty flexible and we have seen many consultants moving to London or other European office after an year or so. So, that is a route which you can take.

As a backup you may target Oxford, HEC Paris kind of schools. Consulting companies do recruit from these schools.

Focus on making your essays rock solid.

goISB Team
Cheers,
goISB team

by divyasood11 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:15 am
Hi
It would be helpful if my profile would be evaluated. The relevant information is as follows:

GMAT- 700. V40,Q47,AWA6,IR7
Class X- 94.2%
Class XII (Commerce)- 91.4%
BBA LLB(Hons.) from National Law University Jodhpur (Ranked among top 5 law schools in India). Was a member of Legal Aid Committee of the university and helped in organising various legal aid camps in and around the university campus.
GPA- 7.6/10- Among top 15 out of 80 students
Currently working with Securities and Exchange Board of India for 2 years and 2 months. Have been responsible for handling litigations relating to defending the interest of SEBI and ensure investor protection. Additionally, provide in house legal advice to various departments within SEBI.
I have completed foundation level of CS course and also completed 6 professional certification courses (in securities markets) offered by NSE.
Extra curricular activities:
Played badminton till district level and represented school team for 2 years.
Member of Legal Aid Committee in law school and helped organize legal aid camps in prisons and small districts surrounding university. Also acted in dramas in these legal aid camps.
6 week workshop on Jazz dancing culminating in a stage performance conducted by Danceworx(Ashley Lobo)
Trekking

Followed by:1 members

by ssmba2020 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:50 pm
Hi

Want to get my profile evaluated for ISB. Also, looking for advise with respect to an opportunity being offered, so as to know if that would align with my profile and a potential application story.

-23 y/o Indian Male

-X: 76%
XII:93.5%
B.Com(H): Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Delhi University- 72% aggregate.
Crisil Certified Analyst Program (2 year work cum study certificate program): CGPA: 6.26/8 (Finished in top 1% of batch)
FRM charterholder (all levels in first attempt)
Cleared all levels of CFA in first attempt

Work Experience: 2.4 years as on date.

Current Profile: Management Trainee, Equity Research, CRISIL Research

Interested Profiles: Corporate finance, strategy, business development
Profile Highlights:
1. Part of the Independent Equity Research (IER) team at CRISIL Ltd responsible for preparing financial models, writing equity research and valuation reports, IPO grading and conducting financial and investment due diligence.
2. Covering Indian companies in the mid-cap space across sectors including infrastructure, capital goods and information technology. Tracking around 10-12 companies on an ongoing basis.
3. Interacting with promoters, CEO's, CFO's, senior management, brokers and dealers on regular basis by means of meetings, site visits, plant-visits and conference calls. Presenting the analysis/cases to the panel comprising of senior directors company and external industry stalwarts.
4. Was part of a team which developed a new product to assign a score judging the corporate governance practices of Indian listed firms.
5. Received ACE (Acknowledging and Celebrating Excellence) award for demonstrating excellence in 'Spirit' while working on a valuation assignment of two large airports in India.
6. Two time recipient of the CLAP (CRISILites Award for Performance) award for writing an article on how cash rich PSU's can help cut fiscal deficit and financial due diligence assignment
7. Nominated for an individual award in the 'Execution Excellence' category for successfully executing an IPO grading mandate.

Others:
1. Cleared CFA and all levels of FRM in first attempts.
2. Part of the state football team in the year 2008 (2nd) and 2009 (2nd).
3. Member of the founding team of Enactus, SGGSCC a social entrepreneurship society. Worked on a project which aims at providing employment to migrant women.

Long term aspirations: Working the corporate finance/strategy/business development roles

I am taking the GMAT in November this year and planning for a 2016 admissions. What should be the score I should be looking at. What other factors should I focus on?.

Also , I am being offered a role in the business development wing of the company. Would it help me build a story for the application, if I consider applying next year instead. This role would be completely different from my present role of analytics.

by isbmantra.com » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:13 am
sarrthaksayal wrote:Hi

Want to get my profile evaluated for ISB. Also, looking for advise with respect to an opportunity being offered, so as to know if that would align with my profile and a potential application story.

-23 y/o Indian Male

-X: 76%
XII:93.5%
B.Com(H): Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Delhi University- 72% aggregate.
Crisil Certified Analyst Program (2 year work cum study certificate program): CGPA: 6.26/8 (Finished in top 1% of batch)
FRM charterholder (all levels in first attempt)
Cleared all levels of CFA in first attempt

Work Experience: 2.4 years as on date.

Current Profile: Management Trainee, Equity Research, CRISIL Research

Interested Profiles: Corporate finance, strategy, business development
Profile Highlights:
1. Part of the Independent Equity Research (IER) team at CRISIL Ltd responsible for preparing financial models, writing equity research and valuation reports, IPO grading and conducting financial and investment due diligence.
2. Covering Indian companies in the mid-cap space across sectors including infrastructure, capital goods and information technology. Tracking around 10-12 companies on an ongoing basis.
3. Interacting with promoters, CEO's, CFO's, senior management, brokers and dealers on regular basis by means of meetings, site visits, plant-visits and conference calls. Presenting the analysis/cases to the panel comprising of senior directors company and external industry stalwarts.
4. Was part of a team which developed a new product to assign a score judging the corporate governance practices of Indian listed firms.
5. Received ACE (Acknowledging and Celebrating Excellence) award for demonstrating excellence in 'Spirit' while working on a valuation assignment of two large airports in India.
6. Two time recipient of the CLAP (CRISILites Award for Performance) award for writing an article on how cash rich PSU's can help cut fiscal deficit and financial due diligence assignment
7. Nominated for an individual award in the 'Execution Excellence' category for successfully executing an IPO grading mandate.

Others:
1. Cleared CFA and all levels of FRM in first attempts.
2. Part of the state football team in the year 2008 (2nd) and 2009 (2nd).
3. Member of the founding team of Enactus, SGGSCC a social entrepreneurship society. Worked on a project which aims at providing employment to migrant women.

Long term aspirations: Working the corporate finance/strategy/business development roles

I am taking the GMAT in November this year and planning for a 2016 admissions. What should be the score I should be looking at. What other factors should I focus on?.

Also , I am being offered a role in the business development wing of the company. Would it help me build a story for the application, if I consider applying next year instead. This role would be completely different from my present role of analytics.
Hi @sarrthaksayal! Your experience is strong on Finance and Analytics. If you want to grow your career in this area, you would rather continue to enhance your numerical/analytical ability which a business development role may not provide ample opportunity for. You should be able to target ISB in India and the top 25 schools in the US with a 720+. Having cleared the CFA, Rotman (Canada) may also allow you to apply without a GMAT, in case you want to take advantage of applying in Round 1 in at least one school.

All the Best!
'ISBmantra'
www.isbmantra.com

by ambhuj13 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:03 am
Please review my profile and suggest US schools that I can realistically target

Age 25
Gender Male

Education
Undergrad- University of Delhi , B.A. (H) Business Economics - 71 percent
CFA, US - All 3 levels cleared
FRM, US - Yet to appear for level 2
GMAT - 710

Work ex

Centre for advance financial research and learning, Reserve Bank of India
Research Associate - Feb 2015 to Now
- Assisting academicians on Research paper studying the transmission effects of credit rating changes on Indian capital markets
- Creating a survey for Indian MSME to create a confidence Index.

CRISIL, S&P
Management Trainee, 2.5 years
- Spearheaded a project to deliver credit reports on Indian companies to one of the nation's largest Bank
- Conceptualized and executed a first of its kind report on financial performance of various companies
- Responsible for creation of new products as a part of new business initiatives for CRISIL Research
- Supervise design, development and creation of new content for all companies on crisilratings.com
- Responsible for relationship management and new client acquisition for new products launched by CRISIL Research

Edupristine
Faculty - Feb 2015 to now
-Taking classroom and online training sessions for professional courses like CFA (level 1 and level 2 both) and FRM (part 1).

by AskgoISB » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:58 am
ambhuj13 wrote:Please review my profile and suggest US schools that I can realistically target

Age 25
Gender Male

Education
GMAT - 710

Work ex

- Assisting academicians on Research paper studying the transmission effects of credit rating changes on Indian capital markets

CRISIL, S&P
- Spearheaded a project to deliver credit reports on Indian companies to one of the nation's largest Bank
- Conceptualized and executed a first of its kind report on financial performance of various companies
- Responsible for creation of new products as a part of new business initiatives for CRISIL Research
- Supervise design, development and creation of new content for all companies on crisilratings.com
- Responsible for relationship management and new client acquisition for new products launched by CRISIL Research

Edupristine
-Taking classroom and online training sessions for professional courses like CFA (level 1 and level 2 both) and FRM (part 1).

Hi Ambuj,

Your will need to provide more information for shortlisting B schools. Pls fill this form

https://www.apphelp.co.in/Bschool-selection.htm

goISB Team
Cheers,
goISB team

by isbmantra.com » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:02 am
ambhuj13 wrote:Please review my profile and suggest US schools that I can realistically target

Age 25
Gender Male

Education
GMAT - 710

Work ex

CRISIL, S&P

Edupristine
Hi @ambhuj13! So we assume that you have total 3+ yrs experience. Your finance exposure is strong and ISB should very much be possible even with a 710. In US you will have to look at schools beyond the top 15. To suggest specific schools, we will need to discuss in further detail.

All the Best!
'ISBmantra'
www.isbmantra.com