profile evaluation_Indian Female

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

profile evaluation_Indian Female

by monicanarwal13 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:32 pm
Hi,

I am a 27 year old Indian female and I have been working for Accenture for the last 4 years. I started out as a Software Engineer and after one year i transitioned to move to IT Operations. Currently i am workng as an IT Operains Senior Analyst. My current responsibilties include serving as an offshore lead and liasioning with the client to understand requirments and assist in UAT ( User AcceptanceTesting) issues. Besids, i am also handling and supervisng the end to end delivery of applications for a team size of six. My journey so far has been very progressive, two promotions with highest performance ratings and varipous prestigious awards in my bag.

I am now looking forward to pursue an MBA and transition to Management consulting. Eventually, i would like to move to business strategy 15 years down the line. I have taken my GMAT exam and scored a 680.
I have also attached my resume for your reference.

Please advise me what speciaizations I need to target during my MBA and how to go about planning my career. What area of management consulting should i target and is it a feasible choice? If not, what career otions are feasible post MBA? What colleges should i target in US?
Attachments
MonicaNarwal_Resume.pdf
(260.13 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Marcus@VeritasPrep » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:01 pm
A couple of thoughts:
-Start by figuring out what you want to do. What are your ST and LT career goals, and what motivates you to pursue them?
-In order for the MBA to make sense, it should, for example, accelerate your path to your career goals. An MBA is a means to an end, the beginning of the journey if you will, not the objective in itself (or at least it should not be in order to be successful when applying)
-Once you have figured out the above, then you can hone in on schools that make sense, and what you should focus on in your studies. The rankings are a good starting point, but then you need to figure out what makes sense for your specific situation. Most of the top schools will prepare you for a career in mgmt consulting.
-Retake the GMAT

Good luck!

And apologies for the slow response from us.