Profile Evaluation IND Engg, top 5 schls, 770, IIT, entrepre

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
After going through the forum rules, I realized I could not post my profile for help from multiple consultants: Stacy Blackman, Clear Admit, mbaMission, Stratus Prep.
Kindly help me out with a profile evaluation of below profile. This is a concise profile which I deemed ok to post on public forum. I'm looking further for MBA profile evaluations from the best MBA Consultants.

I'm aiming for an MBA in Entrepreneurship for the overall immersive learning experience, including the skills I learn, the projects I work on with teams.
B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from IIT in 2012, 8.5/10.0 CGPA.
770 in GMAT.
I have worked in a company designing mobile chipsets & now in another company designing WiFi signal processing algorithms, both of which are leaders in these respective fields. I plan to apply for MBA for Fall 2016, by which time I would have 2 years exp of both domains/companies.
target schools are Stanford, Haas, MIT Sloan, HBS, Wharton, Kellogg.
My goal, 6 years from now is to expand my father's business of Security systems, control systems & also expand / start new venture towards wireless devices.
I'm also involved with my company's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) group to interact with urban poor, which I would build upon later to get to know the problems poor face which could be solved using technology.
I'm a musician, and I have been playing the synthesizer since childhood. My other hobbies are keeping fit, trekking & cycling, martial arts, studying practical psychology.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:13 am
Coming from an IIT with an 8.5 and 770 GMAT makes you competitive anywhere.

Even so, I would recommend doing a self-analysis to determine how you stand out from a professional and personal standpoint as well. What do you do in your company? Have you demonstrated thought leadership in your field technically? Are you involved in developing the product roadmap?

Feel free to contact me for a free assessment to give you more tailored feedback based on the uniqueness of your profile.

Enjoy your weekend,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by brio09 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:02 am
Thank you. I shall try contacting you.
MBAPrepAdvantage wrote: Feel free to contact me for a free assessment to give you more tailored feedback based on the uniqueness of your profile.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:46 am
Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a great day,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by apphelp » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:53 am
brio09 wrote:After going through the forum rules, I realized I could not post my profile for help from multiple consultants: Stacy Blackman, Clear Admit, mbaMission, Stratus Prep.
Kindly help me out with a profile evaluation of below profile. This is a concise profile which I deemed ok to post on public forum. I'm looking further for MBA profile evaluations from the best MBA Consultants.

I'm aiming for an MBA in Entrepreneurship for the overall immersive learning experience, including the skills I learn, the projects I work on with teams.
B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from IIT in 2012, 8.5/10.0 CGPA.
770 in GMAT.
I have worked in a company designing mobile chipsets & now in another company designing WiFi signal processing algorithms, both of which are leaders in these respective fields. I plan to apply for MBA for Fall 2016, by which time I would have 2 years exp of both domains/companies.
target schools are Stanford, Haas, MIT Sloan, HBS, Wharton, Kellogg.
My goal, 6 years from now is to expand my father's business of Security systems, control systems & also expand / start new venture towards wireless devices.
I'm also involved with my company's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) group to interact with urban poor, which I would build upon later to get to know the problems poor face which could be solved using technology.
I'm a musician, and I have been playing the synthesizer since childhood. My other hobbies are keeping fit, trekking & cycling, martial arts, studying practical psychology.
You have got all the basics correct for targeting top5-6 schools in US. IIT brand, good GPA and a very good GMAT score.

4 yrs of experience will also be apt. But here are a few suggestions given that you have some time to strengthen your profile.

1) Given that you are looking at Entrepreneurship post MBA, try to get involved with your father's business, learn and contribute. That will help you build a case for joining the family business post MBA. You will be able to talk about challenges, planned growth etc. Else it will just appear like as aspiration of a talented young man.

2) Look at enhancing couple of your extra currics so as to add another dimension to your profile. B schools appreciate that. So, instead of a long list highlight 2 strong activities at which you have excelled.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy

Confused about schools? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP (apphelp.co.in)
Phone: +91 9871354580
Blog: https://www.blog.apphelp.co.in