Profile Evaluation GMAT 720 with Good GPA

Launched June 1, 2012
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation GMAT 720 with Good GPA

by arpitelex » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:20 am
Hi
I need a little advice regarding my profile and admissions Top 10 Schools in US for MBA.

GMAT : 720(Q 50,V 37 AWA 4.5, IR 8).
GPA: 8.47/10 (Electronics and Communications Engineering, Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad)
Work Ex: 2 years( as of Now with Telecom Giant, Ericsson at India)

Under Graduate Achievements:
1. Elected as the Sports Secretary in the Student's Union Election and hence, improved the Sports activities at College and headed Mega Inter College Sports Fest "PARAKRAM".
2. Selected in Tata Jagriti Yatra, an 18 day entrepreneurship awakening train journey throughout India
3. Selected in Leadership Development program by Liberal Youth Forum and hence, attended a 3 day residential course which included different Lectures and learning activities.
4. Founded SEE (Society of Electronics Engineers, ISM Dhanbad) and was elected as the secretary of society and in consecutive year as the Vice President of the Society.
5. Associated with NGO Kartavya with a vision to uplift the marginalized citizenry living in slum/village
6. Initiated a fund generation venture, Mr. Juice that provided a good funding to run the NGO.

Professional Achievements:
1. Leading a team of 30 people and responsible for the competency development of team in the field of Mobile Clouds.
2. Leading a team ESPOCUL of 15 people which organizes events for the 10,000 people at ERICSSON, NOIDA.
3. Reduced the Time Activity for the resources by analyzing the major flaws in the steps of working and introducing Automation Tools in the Team.
4. Completed 3 certifications related to Latest Technology.

Other Activities:
1. Pursuing an online course from Stanford University on Organizational Analysis.
2. Completed a spiritual course from Art of Living course of YES+.
3. Taking lessons from YSS (Yogoda Satsang Society) on Kriya Yoga.
4. Engaged in Family Business.

Goal: I am looking for colleges which provide quality education in marketing, finance and general management. My long term goal is to establish a social organization, which multiplies itself in different part of India and world. This organization will be self-sustainable in nature. It will in health Care Field. So, I am also targeting the schools which emphasize on entrepreneurship.

I need your advice on my position related to my current work ex and profile. I also want to know as how to make a strong profile and prepare a focused goal. I can see an obscure goal, but not a full proof goal.

Which schools should i target for MBA and what is the right time to apply?
How does US Business look at the Spiritual Experience of the candidates?

Also, I have a work ex of 2 yrs as of now. What should be done in order compensate my low work ex.

Thanks
Arpit

by arpitelex » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:05 am
Waiting for a Reply.

by arpitelex » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:14 am
HI Stratus Prep,
Any response Pls.