Profile evaluation, GMAT 710

Launched June 1, 2012
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaluation, GMAT 710

by rohitjn26 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:09 am
Please help me in choosing the right college for my MBA. My profile is as

Indian Male,25

GMAT - 710 ( Q - 49, V- 38, AWA- awaiting)

10th - 86.4%
12th - 80%

Undergrad College - IIT Delhi (One of the Top 3 in the Country), 2009 Passout
Discipline - Textile Technology
GPA - 3.1/4

International Exposure -

"¢ 3 months Internship at Technical University of Liberec, Czech Republic

Work Experience - 3 years in total (2009-Present)
"¢ 2 Years of Experience in Data Analytics
o Ranging from Survey Data analytics to Point-of-sale Data Analytics in varied fields such as FMCG and Pharma
o Answered various strategy related questions such as about pricing and segmentation through data analysis
o Went through the Company Sponsored training for Six Sigma Green Belt Program

"¢ 1 Year of Experience in Teaching Students for competitive exams for undergraduate Colleges
o Mentored students in field of exam preparation and career choices and preparing pan country mock tests

Extra Curricular -
"¢ Worked as Coordinator in Annual Cultural and Technical Festivals of the college
"¢ During College, took part in various activities for student welfare such as organizing workshops for career options for students, meditations workshops, and won accolades for the same.
"¢ Active participation in Street plays competitions for spreading awareness among the student community
"¢ Not much involvement in dramatics after College, but I do visit theaters many a times

After MBA, I want to pursue a career in Strategy Consulting with big consulting firms. Mostly I am interested in General management courses, but specialized courses meeting my goals would do.Till Now I have decided to apply to ISB and NUS. Please suggest what other colleges can I apply to with these credentials, especially top 10 US B Schools, such as HBS, Stanford, Sloan etc

Regards,
rohitjn

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:17 members

by Shawn@StratusPrep » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:56 pm
Rohitjn,

Thanks for sharing your profile for an evaluation. The team at Stratus Prep and I work with numerous applicants across India and would be very happy to help you reach your dream MBA program.

Given the strength of your profile (710 GMAT, degree from an IIT, strong work experience in data analytics) and your interest in general management and strategy consulting, I would suggest the following top US business schools:

- HBS (my alma mater) - this should be your definitive top choice worldwide as it's the best strategy school and you do have a strong chance

- Stanford - this would be a stretch school but still possible, exceptional school and community with a focus on strategic team leadership, entrepreneurship, and innovation

- Wharton - strong global brand, excellent foundation in general management

- Haas - very strong strategy program, near Silicon Valley so your data analytics background would be valued

- Kellogg - great general management focus and excellent location in Chicago

- MIT Sloan - more quantitative than many of the other schools on the list, good consulting recruiting prospects given its location in Boston

- Tuck - very strong school but in a rural setting

- Duke - attracts and accepts a high number of international applicants

If you have an interest in working in Europe, you might also strongly consider INSEAD and LBS.

As you embark on the application process, remember that the #1 factor in MBA admissions are your admissions essays followed by your recommendations and work experience. You may want to consider working with a counseling firm, like Stratus Prep, that has extensive experience with getting Indian applicants into the very top US schools (such as HBS).

I would be happy to schedule a free 30 minute consultation with you if you would like to consider working with Stratus Prep.

Good luck,
Shawn
Founder/Director, Stratus Prep
Harvard JD/MBA

[email protected]
212-307-1788
www.stratusprep.com

See more Stratus Prep reviews.