Profile Evaluation - GMAT 700

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation - GMAT 700

by r_undevia » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:17 am
Hi Team,

I am an Indian male, 25 years old, working and residing in Dubai, U.A.E.

EDUCATION:
Graduated with a B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with a GPA of 5.79/10 from a top 20 Tech University in India.
Gave the GMAT thrice (650, 650, 700). Cancelled the second score. The breakdown for my final test was Q49 V36 AWA5.5 IR6.

WORK EX:
I've worked with an Oil and Gas services and supplies firm as a Project Engineer for 3.5 years, during which I worked with clients from all over the Middle East. I traveled to Kurdistan, Iraq in 2014 (1 month) for a supply project and in 2015 (3 months) as a contractor (project engineer/manager), with 10 men working under me. Left the job in Jan '16.
Since then, I've been working in my family owned business, a retail hardware store, as a 24% investing partner, handling pretty much everything as it's a small company.

EXTRA CURRICULARS:
Have done 2 courses online from COURSERA, one in 2013, Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies from University of Maryland and one in 2015 Project Management Specialization, with a Capstone Project from University of California, Irvine.

I've done a bit of volunteer work in my spare time, but not enough to make it stand out in my profile.

I was a member of my high school and college basketball teams.

Love the outdoors, and have traveled quite a bit. Love playing sports and reading in my free time.

What I am looking for is a top MBA program, 2 year course, especially one with a good exchange program or semester, so I can travel and explore more. Location doesn't matter, but preferably someplace where I might have a higher chance of getting a job post graduation.
I know my GPA is low, what universities among the top 10-15 do I have a realistic chance to get in if I apply?

Thanks in advance!