Profile Evaluation for ISB (Class of 2016)

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I am targeting PGP (Class of 2016) from ISB. Please evaluate my profile and help me understand the areas that I need to work upon.

Academic Details :-
M.C.A. : 66.60%
B.Sc. (Computer Science) : 54.38%
H.S.C. : 58.17%
S.S.C. : 82.53%

Work Experience :-
Total Work Experience : 3 years 5 months
Work Experience by March 2016 : 5 years

1) Capgemini India Pvt Ltd (Current)
Type : Service based organisation
Duration : 2 months
Domain : Automobile Manufacturing
Role : Developing application for one of the Fortune 100 client. Also, responsible for planning and estimation of features.

2) Zycus Infotech Pvt Ltd
Type : Product based mid-level organisation
Duration : 34 months
Domain : Procurement
Role :
a) Developed application for one of the Fortune 100 client. Also, responsible for planning and estimation of features.
b) Handled the team to drive timely delivery
c) Also, provided technical training to a batch of 40 employees

3) Direct Technologies Pvt Ltd
Type : Product based startup
Duration : 5 months
Domain : Direct Marketing
Role : Developed an SMS based platform, for user engagement, single handedly

Achievements :-
1) Awarded with Monthly Goody in line with Zycus Infotech's Values - Customer Focus & Meeting Schedule
Lead the team in delivering a deal-breaker feature, within 8 weeks whose original estimate was 14 weeks, with good quality and improved usability. As a result, were able to renew the contract with one of the Fortune 100 client.

2) Winner of Debate Competition, Video-Mixing and Image-Mixing at the inter-collegiate competitions

Extra-Curricular Activities :-
1) Was part of the organising committee for cultural as well as technical festivals during graduation and post-graduation for a period of 6 years (2005 - 2011)

a) Volunteer & Core Member for the Alumni Meet of Bharati Vidyapeeth, Milan through 2009 - 2010.
i) Handled a team of 40 people in order to organise the event
ii) Created a video for the event

b) Volunteer & Assistant Contingent Leader for the Technical Festival of Bharati Vidyapeeth, Manthan through 2008 - 2009
i) Handled a team of 90 people in order to organise and host events for inter-collegiate competitions
ii) Handled the marketing strategies in order to get sponsors for the events
iii) Handled PR strategy which resulted in over 1300 participants, which was also the highest participation ever received for any event in the history of Bharati Vidyapeeth
iv) Designed poster for branding of the event

c) Founder Member & Assistant Contingent Leader for the Technical Festival of S.I.E.S., Ziegers '06
i) Handled a team of 55 people in order to organise and host events for inter-collegiate competitions
iii) Designed poster and mascot for branding of the event

d) Volunteer & Core Member for the Cultural festival of S.I.E.S., Visions through 2005 - 2007
i) Handled a portfolio of 30 people in order to organise and host events for inter-collegiate competitions
ii) Lead the team to design all the collaterals required for "Ban the Bulb" rally, which was participated by more than 700 students

2) Done professional Photography and even handled Catering orders for few weddings, helping my father in his business
3) Created personalized photo frames for the employees of Bank of India, who have retired, for their Farewell function
4) Created personalized photo frames for the faculties of Bharati Vidyapeeth on occasion of Teachers Day
5) Done video shooting of the annual function of our building, and even worked on its editing

Venture :-
Currently working on an business idea and trying to setup a functional website for its implementation.

Goal :-
I would like to get into IT Consulting and work as Business Analyst for two years and get the desired experience. Simultaneously, I would also be working on my venture. Then I would like to completely focus on establishing and growing my own business.

Please help me understand the gmat score that I should target. Apart from this, in what direction shall I work over next year in order to make my profile stand out.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:07 am
Score as high a GMAT as you can and seek leadership positions within your company and community.
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.

by shashank.kamerkar » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:10 pm
Thanks for your reply.

I understand that I need to score high on gmat, but can you give me a range of score that I should target.

Again, do I have any realistic chance for making it to ISB with my current profile ? If not, what is it that I need to do further to improve my profile ?

I am currently working on a website to implement business idea. Targeting to launch the minimum viable product in another 10 months. If I manage to deliver it as scheduled, does that improves my chances ?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:05 am
Hi Shashank,

You have decent profile with good academics and work ex, and you are at the right stage of your career as most of the top B-school applicants are between 3-6 yrs work experience. The next step for you is to focus on your GMAT and target 700+ score. ISB looks at your overall profile and evaluste applicants based on 3 parameters 1) Leadership ability 2) Diversity 3) Academic/analytical ability. So the first two are qualitative aspects and carry more weightage so start working on your application essays soon if you are targeting Round 1 deadline. Visit https://www.genedmba.com/bschools/isb/ for ISB essay analysis.

Regards,
Manish
www.genedmba.com
shashank.kamerkar wrote:I am targeting PGP (Class of 2016) from ISB. Please evaluate my profile and help me understand the areas that I need to work upon.

Role : Developing application for one of the Fortune 100 client. Also, responsible for planning and estimation of features.

Role :
a) Developed application for one of the Fortune 100 client. Also, responsible for planning and estimation of features.

1) Awarded with Monthly Goody in line with Zycus Infotech's Values - Customer Focus & Meeting Schedule
Lead the team in delivering a deal-breaker feature, within 8 weeks whose original estimate was 14 weeks, with good quality and improved usability. As a result, were able to renew the contract with one of the Fortune 100 client.

2) Winner of Debate Competition, Video-Mixing and Image-Mixing at the inter-collegiate competitions

1) Was part of the organising committee for cultural as well as technical festivals during graduation and post-graduation for a period of 6 years (2005 - 2011)

a) Volunteer & Core Member for the Alumni Meet of Bharati Vidyapeeth, Milan through 2009 - 2010.

b) Volunteer & Assistant Contingent Leader for the Technical Festival of Bharati Vidyapeeth, Manthan through 2008 - 2009
i) Handled a team of 90 people in order to organise and host events for inter-collegiate competitions
iii) Handled PR strategy which resulted in over 1300 participants, which was also the highest participation ever received for any event in the history of Bharati Vidyapeeth

c) Founder Member & Assistant Contingent Leader for the Technical Festival of S.I.E.S., Ziegers '06
i) Handled a team of 55 people in order to organise and host events for inter-collegiate competitions

d) Volunteer & Core Member for the Cultural festival of S.I.E.S., Visions through 2005 - 2007
i) Handled a portfolio of 30 people in order to organise and host events for inter-collegiate competitions
ii) Lead the team to design all the collaterals required for "Ban the Bulb" rally, which was participated by more than 700 students

2) Done professional Photography and even handled Catering orders for few weddings, helping my father in his business
3) Created personalized photo frames for the employees of Bank of India, who have retired, for their Farewell function
4) Created personalized photo frames for the faculties of Bharati Vidyapeeth on occasion of Teachers Day
5) Done video shooting of the annual function of our building, and even worked on its editing

Currently working on an business idea and trying to setup a functional website for its implementation.

I would like to get into IT Consulting and work as Business Analyst for two years and get the desired experience. Simultaneously, I would also be working on my venture. Then I would like to completely focus on establishing and growing my own business.

Please help me understand the gmat score that I should target. Apart from this, in what direction shall I work over next year in order to make my profile stand out.

by shashank.kamerkar » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:56 am
Thanks Manish for your feedback. Will work on targeting gmat score.
ammanish wrote:Hi Shashank,

You have decent profile with good academics and work ex, and you are at the right stage of your career as most of the top B-school applicants are between 3-6 yrs work experience. The next step for you is to focus on your GMAT and target 700+ score. ISB looks at your overall profile and evaluste applicants based on 3 parameters 1) Leadership ability 2) Diversity 3) Academic/analytical ability. So the first two are qualitative aspects and carry more weightage so start working on your application essays soon if you are targeting Round 1 deadline. Visit https://www.genedmba.com/bschools/isb/ for ISB essay analysis.

Regards,
Manish
www.genedmba.com
shashank.kamerkar wrote:I am targeting PGP (Class of 2016) from ISB. Please evaluate my profile and help me understand the areas that I need to work upon.

Role :

by shubhamv » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:31 pm
Hi I am planning for session 2016, please evaluate my profile
Class 10- 69%

Class 12- 49% ( nw nothing can be done)

Graduation ( BBA) - 65 %

Post Grad ( MBA Finance)- 69% from Tier 3 University ( yup planning for second Mba).

Work Exp- 3 years ( will be four by the time of admission)

Cutrent Role - Manager

Profile of Credit Risk Manager

Company- Top Bank of India

Planning to give GMAT within 3 months and expecting 700+ score.

With work exp less than 5 years , where should I target?? With this profile should I dare to be part of IIM Ahemdabad and ISB admission race??

by GeneralEducation » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:56 am
shubhamv wrote:Hi I am planning for session 2016, please evaluate my profile
Class 10- 69%

Graduation ( BBA) - 65 %

Post Grad ( MBA Finance)- 69% from Tier 3 University ( yup planning for second Mba).

Cutrent Role - Manager

Planning to give GMAT within 3 months and expecting 700+ score.

With work exp less than 5 years , where should I target?? With this profile should I dare to be part of IIM Ahemdabad and ISB admission race??
Hi Shubham,

You can compensate your low academics by scoring high in GMAT. You should target 720+ score in GMAT. ISB evaluates applicants mainly on three aspects - leadership ability, diversity of profile, Academic/analytical ability. So focus on these and build your profile. ISB application will be live by May so before that try to complete your GMAT part so that once the application is live you can mainly concentrate on application front and come up with strong application. You can definitely target IIM A,B & C but they expect minimum 5 yrs work experience. You should ideally target 5-6 schools to increase your chances. Hope this helps., you can also visit us for detailed profile evaluation.

Regards
Manish
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

by sohamnag » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:49 am
Hi,

I am Soham. I am looking to pursue 1 year MBA programme in ISB next year.
I would like to brief my work experience below and want you to feed some valuable advice.
I have total experience of 6 years in engineering industry across sectors like Power,Steel,Water etc. Presently, I am working as an Electrical engineer in WS Atkins (An UK based Design Engineering and Management consultancy firm) in Gurgaon & responsible for delivering design to various international projects in UK & Middle East.
I am an active & certified ERT(Emergency Response Team) member in the organisation responsible to cater aspect of Health & Safety.I hold the responsibility of being the floor leader of ERT. I also fulfill the role of Internal Auditor of my team(responsible for Quality Control of documents) .I actively participate in fun and sports activities such as Collage making competition, Quiz etc. organized by WS Atkins.
Previously I have worked with an EPC firm,Technofab Engineering Limited where i have fulfilled roles of both as an Engineer & Senior Engg. (Design Electrical) of various turnkey projects pertaining to clients like NTPC,NPCIL etc.I have had engineers and Cad Technician(Draftsmen) working under me in successfully delivering a lot of projects. I have also fulfilled additional responsibilities of site commissioning of NPCIL and met with a lot of last minute on site challenges while handing over the plant to the client.In addition to it i was also responsible for inspection of Electrical Panels(MCCs etc.) in line with Clients QA .

My Acads :
10 th - 80.8 %
12 th - 79.2 %
B.Tech - 7.74 (DGPA)

Can you comment on how good i stand a chance among various applications for ISB and what will be desirable GMAT score?

by shubhamv » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:52 am
Hi I am planning for session 2016, please evaluate my profile
Class 10- 69%

Graduation ( BBA) - 65 %

Cutrent Role - Manager

Planning to give GMAT by Last week of july 2015 and expecting 700+ score although right now I am scoring around 670-680.

With work exp less than 5 years , where should I target?? With this profile should I dare to be part of ISB,IIM Udaipur NUS Singapore, Hec Paris and Judge Business School??

by GeneralEducation » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:16 am
sohamnag wrote:Hi,

I am Soham. I am looking to pursue 1 year MBA programme in ISB next year.
I would like to brief my work experience below and want you to feed some valuable advice.
I have total experience of 6 years in engineering industry across sectors like Power,Steel,Water etc. Presently, I am working as an Electrical engineer in WS Atkins (An UK based Design Engineering and Management consultancy firm) in Gurgaon & responsible for delivering design to various international projects in UK & Middle East.
I am an active & certified ERT(Emergency Response Team) member in the organisation responsible to cater aspect of Health & Safety.I hold the responsibility of being the floor leader of ERT. I also fulfill the role of Internal Auditor of my team(responsible for Quality Control of documents) .I actively participate in fun and sports activities such as Collage making competition, Quiz etc. organized by WS Atkins.
Previously I have worked with an EPC firm,Technofab Engineering Limited where i have fulfilled roles of both as an Engineer & Senior Engg. (Design Electrical) of various turnkey projects pertaining to clients like NTPC,NPCIL etc.I have had engineers and Cad Technician(Draftsmen) working under me in successfully delivering a lot of projects. I have also fulfilled additional responsibilities of site commissioning of NPCIL and met with a lot of last minute on site challenges while handing over the plant to the client.In addition to it i was also responsible for inspection of Electrical Panels(MCCs etc.) in line with Clients QA .

My Acads :
10 th - 80.8 %
12 th - 79.2 %
B.Tech - 7.74 (DGPA)

Can you comment on how good i stand a chance among various applications for ISB and what will be desirable GMAT score?
Hi Soham,

The strength in your profile is diversity and work experience. Focus on these two aspects along with preparing well for GMAT. You should target 700+ in GMAT score ad another important attribute which ISB evaluates applicants is leadership ability.All these attributes you can showcase only through your profile and ISB essays. Hope you have started working on your applications, let me know if you need any help with ISB essays. You can also go through latest ISB essay analysis by clicking here https://goo.gl/wD0Tf2

Regards
Manish
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]