Profile Evaluation for INSEAD MBA

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation for INSEAD MBA

by Blue Dude » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:32 am
Kindly evaluate my profile (I am applying for my 2nd MBA)

GMAT: Male
Nationality: Indian

Academics - School: I CLASS with distinction all throughout

Under Graduation: Engineering from a Top Institute in India
CGPA: 3.2/4.0
Post Engineering Work Experience: 32 months
Organizations: Accenture;Aon Hewitt
Role: Banking Technology

Post Graduation: MBA in Finance from a Top Institute in India
CGPA: 2.5/4.0
Post MBA Work Experience: 20 months
Overall Work Experience: 52 months
Organization: YES BANK(4th largest Private Sector Bank in India)
Role: Manager - Corporate Banking handling a portfolio of more than USD 300 million & reporting directly to the COO & the CFO of the bank

GMAT: 770

Non-English Languages: 4 Indian Languages + French(Basic)

Extra Curricular: Represented my school & college in many Soccer Tournaments + Dance Competitions + Member of my college Rock Band + Used to write articles on music in Times of India

International Work Experience: NIL

Major Intention for 2nd MBA: Global Exposure

Application to INSEAD: Round 3

Please highlight anything that I can do to enhance my profile & if possible the quantum of scholarship possible.

Thanks a lot :D

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Eliot » Fri May 02, 2014 8:19 am
Hello Blue Dude,

Thank you for your post!

It looks like you have a highly competitive GMAT score, as well as potentially rich career history. In terms of presenting your candidacy, you will need to quantify your career impact and detail your progress. Given that you have already earned an MBA, you will need to make a detailed, passionate case for why an MBA from INSEAD would support your career progress further. Part of this piece of the application will be developing a clear career path; currently, it's unclear what you hope to do after you earn your MBA. Further, based on your low GPA from your prior MBA, the adcom may be concerned that you would not be able to handle the rigor of their program. So, while you have a solid GMAT score, you may consider taking some quant courses to prove that you could thrive in the classroom as well.

In regards to activities, I see that you had some involvement during your school years; however, given your age, the adcom will need assurance that you would still seek to be involved in the student community now. To enhance your application, I would recommend picking up a longstanding interest again and demonstrating your community leadership as soon as possible.

In regards to scholarships, INSEAD encourages applications be submitted in Round 1 or Round 2 for scholarship consideration (https://mba.insead.edu/faq/AdmissionsPro ... ompetitive). As you note an interest in applying Round 3, the timing of your application could influence your chances of securing a scholarship.

If you would like to discuss your candidacy or potential next steps further, please contact us: https://www.clearadmit.com/services/free-consultation/.
Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.