Profile Evaluation for Fall 2015 Admit- Indian,Male,non-IT

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

Would really appreciate if someone can evaluate my profile.

Many Thanks,
Namit

- 10th : 90.4% ; 12th : 79.6% ; BE(Environmental Engineering), Delhi College of Engineering( University of Delhi)
- GMAT : 720 (Q49,V38,IR6) ; AWA : Expecting min. 5
- Business Analytics and Consulting , Senior Analyst, 3+ years (2yrs with a British Energy Client, 1+ in Financial Services)
- Achievements (Work) :
Won the Best Fresher Award for Mimicry �
Won the Case Study competition for new hires
Took the role of team lead for last 6 months in first firm (Getting into it was a huge task itself)
Currently working with the Fraud Decision Strategy stakeholders of credit card portfolio of a leading UK bank.
- Achievements (Outside Work) :
Taekwondo (Green Belt)
Trained in Mixed Martial Arts for a month (planning to resume it as I just wrapped up the GMAT)
Volunteered at Art of Living for close to a year: Organized many personality development workshops and medical check-up for slum dwellers, did crucial research and cold-calling for a Job Fair Project that employed close to 5000 people.
Stock Investing (Invested in 6 companies; generated a return of 15% in 6 months)
Took up various MOOC courses on Coursera and Novoed related to Finance/Economics/Business Models: Average 100% in all
- Career Goals: Have a strong inclination towards Finance but have a bigger inclination towards VC industry (given it is much closer to public welfare). Micro-finance is another potential option I am looking at. Would want to leverage my background in Environmental Engineering to help clean energy start-ups.
Specific concern: Need help in shortlisting B-Schools that fit my plans and if possible help in applications and essays.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:40 pm
Hi Namit,

I followed up with your question in your other thread.

Cheers,
Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me