Profile Evaluation EWMBA - GMAT 680 GPA 3.4

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Please evaluate my profile!

Background: 30, Female, CPA
Nationality: Macau
Current Position: Business/ Financial Planning Analyst, Oracle
Highlights: Lead business/tactical planning for a global business unit. Work directly with the SVP and regional Sales VPs.
Previous Position: Senior Associate - Audit, two Big 4s
Years of work experience: 7
Undergraduate degree: Business Administration, University of Wisconsin - Madison
GPA: 3.4 (Upper level classes, lower level classes completed at 2-year college with 3.8 GPA)
GMAT: 680 (Q38, V45)
Volunteer work: Junior Achievement classroom instructor for 3 years

Promoted once at Oracle and Big 4.
ST/LT career goals: Become a business planning manager at current company. Move up to a Director/VP in business strategy/financial planning at a fintech startup

My top choices are Haas EWMBA (tech culture in the bay area and I am local)and Chicago Booth Weekend MBA (quant-finance focused curriculum) and Kellogg weekend MBA.

My concerns are the promotions in different industries/ lack of management experience, and the low quant score. What are my chances to their part-time programs?

Thanks!!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:38 am
Do you have the opportunity to retake the GMAT before you need to apply? Moving that quant score up should really help your cause. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by camillecheong » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:50 am
Hi Alexbr@ClearAdmit,

I talked to the EWMBA program admission officers at Berkeley-Haas and Chicago-Booth, and they both said I don't have to retake since my score is within the range. Now I am conflicted. Also I will miss Haas round 1 deadline if I retake. Would that make a big difference to apply to round 2?

Thanks a lot!!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:56 am
I am sure a higher score, esp on the quant side, will help. More so than any disadvantage re applying in r2 (which should be neglible assuming r2 is January timeframe). Avoid the last round. cheers, Alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/