Profile Evaluation and Guidance

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Evaluation and Guidance

by hopeforharvard » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:12 am
Hello All,
I'm an engineering undergrad student in India and I graduate in 2017,will be applying for the Masters in Management programs in 2016.Would like a profile evaluation and would be extremely grateful.

GRADES: 95% in 12th,98% in 10th grade and a 7.9/10 in Mechanical engineering

Internships :At an IB startup,had a tech startup,WWF, Standard & Poors and one the big 3 audit firms next summer. I also plan to join a startup as the head of business development and start one of my own in January.

Achievements: Highest scorer in computer science across the country,my project was the winning project in India that was selected for the Unilever International Arts project,receieved a scholarship from the government of India for coming in the top 1% in my high school examinations,99th %ile in the Joint Entrance Examination which 1.4 million people wrote.

Leadership and Extracurriculars:
Represented the school cricket team
School magazine editor
Under-secretary general and founding member of the first MUN in college
Sponsorship head for various national level symposiums and have raised more than 10,000USD in sponsorship for cultural events.
Actively involved in the Entrepreneurship development cell,quiz club and the music club(have been the sponsorship coordinator for the music club).
Member of the youth red cross.
Club level badminton player.

Looking at these programs for the MBA:

Stanford GSB deferred admission
Booth Early Career Candidates
Wharton Early Candidates
IESE YTP
SP Jain and ISB (Schools in India)

Looking at these for the MiM:
LBS(MFa)
IE
HEC
Ross
Duke
Mendoza College of Business at Notre Dame
NUS
Kellogg Russel Fellows

Will be writing the GMAT soon and I expect A 720+

Would appreciate an honest opinion of my profile and the chances at the programs mentioned above.

Thanks a lot,

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:30 am
there is no doubt you are a standout in terms of your peer group. As you know, most MBA programs are keen on professional experience and volunteer experiences, post graduation. By applying as an undergrad one or two schools may offer deferred admissions, but even if that is not available, I would suggest you continue your progress in the professional world, get leadership outside of work too, and then apply in 3-4 years. At that point you will likely also have developed a solid plan for why MBA, and long term goals.

I am not trying to dissuade you from applying now, but to say that if you are not successful now, you might well be in a few years time. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by hopeforharvard » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:20 am
Thanks a lot for your time in reading my post and giving me your feedback .
What do you think of my chances in the MiM programs that I've mentioned ?
Would doing an MiM,working for a few years and then doing an MBA be a good route to take?
Thanks again!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:36 pm
unfortunately I am not too familiar with the admissions processes of MiM. If you do go that route, and then seek a top tier MBA later, a key will be to explain why the MBA, given you already have the MiM. There are good explanations, but it will be something you will need to address. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/