Profile Evaluation 690(Q50,V31)- Indian- IT Male- 21 Months(

Launched August 9, 2011
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:690
Hi ,

It would really be helpful and appreciated if you could evaluate my profile:

Nationality: Indian
Designation:Software Engineer(Samsung R&D Institute)/ Earlier: Business Technology Analyst(Deloitte Consulting)
GMAT score: 690 (Q50, V31, IR4, AWA awaited- expecting 5+)
Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor Of Engineering in Computer Science & Engineering (from Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore under Visweswaraya Technological University)
Year of Graduation: 2012
Work Experience till date: 21 months till date(would be approx slightly <3 yrs when i join)

Experience/Personal Attributes/Leadership Qualities/Academics:
I started working with Deloitte Consulting after my graduation as a campus hire designated as a Business Technology Analyst. I was working for a major US HealthCare firm as a Tech resource for a reporting tool. I was solely responsible for 3 modules individually and had constant client interaction during the period. Along with the client work hours, I had taken up extra voluntary work and lead a team of around 15 people for a referral drive. I was responsible to coordinate the work activities of the team dividing the work and allotting it to them and integrating the work and coordinating the activities with the recruitment team. I was also responsible to report the business stats about the same to the higher management on a daily basis as the referral drive was of very high value to the company. I was recognized for this work of mine and was the first in the batch to be awarded a SPOT Award for my commitments which were totally voluntary.
In my quest for more knowledge, I shifted domains to Samsung R&D Institute India as a software Engineer. I worked in the mobile domain there as a driver programmer for US Clients and worked on a couple of research projects as a Proof of concept for a few patented ideas for Samsung to pursue as full time projects. In addition, I was also the chief editor of the Internal Magazine and revamped the entire magazine which was appreciated by the MD. I am also currently working on an idea to start an organization level car pooling to help the society conserve fuel and reduce traffic problems.

I also work as a Project Mediator for a Dubai based IT consultancy company managing their projects from India.

In school, I was a recipient of the all-rounder award for being active in both academics and extracurricular activities for two consecutive years. I was also awarded general proficiency awards for most of the years in schooling. In addition, I was the class leader for most of the years continued including college. I also represented my school in several debate and elocution competitions, and was a national level winner both in UAE and in India. Moreover, I was the Secretary of the Computer Association and the Debating Club for two consecutive years.

Class 10: 89.6% (CBSE, India)
Class 12: 89.5% (PUE-Karnataka, India)

In college:
Being an all-rounder, I was the sixth rank holder in college and was active in most of the associations in college. I was the Student Coordinator for Linux Campus Club, responsible for PR and marketing activities primarily. I was also the TEDx convener and Licensee, and organized a successful TEDx event leading a team of 13 at college, the first and foremost TEDx even in the city. I was solely responsible for everything : planning the theme of the event, finalizing the speaker list, interacting with the speakers, arranging finance in the form of sponsorship, organizing the D-Day minutes and promoting the event. I was also a student organizer for the All-India level Principals meet(leading the sponsorship committee) and the college fests for all the years. I was also the Student Representative for all the four years of my college life.
I also completed a very crucial project in a government setup as my final year project, leading a team of 4 students. We built a robust project which was extensive in areas of: scope, expense and technology. This project was selected for commercialization later by the department and considered to be the most innovative solution to the problem also featuring in the national daily newspaper.
4-year aggregate: 9.59/10 CGPA (Visweswaraya Technological University, Karnataka)

Post MBA, I want to work in strategy consulting (or in general management) in the High Tech Industry. The fields of product strategy, and product management excite me the most. I would like to work for a couple of years in the Europe or US Market (based on the job I get post MBA till I clear my debts, which would be a minor part of my total cost) and then want to settle in the Middle East.

I plan to apply to the following schools (all R1):

1) Cornell University (Johnson)
2) University of Virginia (Darden)
3) Michigan Ross
4) UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School

Keeping a few European options as well:

1)IMD Switzerland
2)HEC Paris
3)INSEAD
3)London Business School
What do you think my chances are ?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:332 members

by Jon@Admissionado » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:05 pm
"Hands down the best MBA admissions consulting firm of all-time, and boy, what an incredible founder!" -- Raj Patil, Founder of Admissionado

Something for everyone:
https://admissionado.lpages.co/admissio ... nter-2018/
https://admissionado.lpages.co/50-essay ... ked-vol-4/
https://admissionado.lpages.co/case-studies-lp/
https://admissionado.com/mba/reviews/
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Admis ... 700945.htm

Reach out, and let's gab. Our only requirement is that you don't prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 866-409-4753
Hit us up on WhatsApp.
Ping our satellite: 0884#&@-2#101101
Contact us via web form you lazy git: https://admissionado.com/contact/
Mostly, email Claudia.