Profile check and suggestions on EMBA ..please.

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hello All-
My company has recently advised me that I could either go for an emba or part time if I wish to. I did some quick research to find out the emba listings and found out quite a bit of information. However, each school has it's own requiremnts. I could not narrow down to specifics...and thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has done or doing an emba or if they have any suggestions or resources that I should refer to. I'll provide you a quick background abt me as well...

In my late 20s, 6+ yrs of full time experinece (currently a manager for a global financial services company), 2 yrs of internships and own consulting, excellent acads...A diverse educational background. I also have an extensive track record of extra curriculars. I'm interested in entreprenuership/ general managemnt/ sustainability.

I'd greatly appreciate if someone can comment on my profile and advise what kind of program should I be looking at etc. Many thanks in advance.

Happy holidays.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by nimma25 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:58 pm
Wow Geokid, you really did very well...Your Boss is a Gem..
Where are you located? Are you going to be travelling to take classes or want distant learning?

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:10 am
geokid I'd also like to know how you arrived at the decision to go for an EMBA vs. Part Time - is a FT program out of the question? From your stats is sounds like you're pretty much able to go anywhere
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by nimma25 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:49 pm
Yeahh...20+ and company is paying to go for EMBA...awesome dude...you must be really genius...I am definitely interested to know more about secret behind your success....

MBA Student

by MarryJane » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:52 am
It's difficult to advise anything as we don't know where you would prefer to study (I mean country). Traditionally UK education is considered to be one of the best.

You may start with schools rankings here https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... a-rankings