Problem Related to Math Questions

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Problem Related to Math Questions

by matthew1 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:32 am
Hello,
I am good in all other aspects of this exam but my math portion is weak please tell me how I resolve this so that I will perform good in my exam.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:59 am
Hi matthew1,

You have asked a "broad" question, so we need to try to define what you really need to improve on:

1) Do you know the various math formulas/rules that will appear on the GMAT? If you don't, then the issue is "knowledge."

2) Can you perform the necessary basic math "steps" that are required to answer a question (arithmetic, using formulas, etc.)? If you can't, then the issue is your "math ability."

3) Do you know the various approaches that can be used to answer GMAT Quant questions? If you don't know them all yet, then the issue is "strategy."

To help improve on the first 2, you can spend some time at Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org) - it's a free website that will help you learn all the necessary math skills that you'll use on the GMAT. To help with the 3rd, you'll probably need to enroll in a GMAT Course of some kind (Guided Self-Study or a Class).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]