Practice on 18 days at the end of 60-Day GMAT study Guide

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hi there,

First, I want to take a moment and thank you all (especially Brent, Sorin, and all those who involved within this program) for providing this plan for those who are in the countries that cannot access GMAT experts and Prep-Plans. I couldn't even imagine myself reviewing all the math concepts and tackle almost 700 OG tests during the 20 days. I wish you all prosper in both personal and professional life.

It might seems that it's kinda early to ask this question but I want to think beforehand about my practices and plan them. Here is my questions upon practicing on 18 days at the end of study guide:

1- Do you suggest getting "GMATPrep® Question Pack 1" for more practice in the mentioned period? My performance on OG13 & Quantitative 2nd Ed was 80% average (I've attached my Improvement Chart).

2- Since there are 4 non-GMAC exams during the mentioned period, do you suggest getting "GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1"? Is it sagacious to take six full exams during that period? If I will decide to replace two of them, which one do you suggest?

Last but not least, I've attached my Improvement Chart to this post. I've changed it a little bit to handle my reviews more efficiently (I've added Day# column and extra sheets for Quantitative 2nd Ed and Verbal 2nd Ed. I just felt that this might help you guys in releasing upcoming versions of Improvement Chart for the guide.
Attachments
GMAT-Prep-Now-Improvement-Chart-for-OG13.xls
(570 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:48 am
Hey amirhakimi,

Glad you like the Guide, and thanks for the snazzy additions to the Improvement Chart!

Regarding your two questions, I think you should let the results of your practice tests guide you. If your next 1 or 2 practice tests show that you're close to (or above) your target score, then you don't need to purchase extra tests and practice questions. Alternatively, if you've exhausted all of the practice tests and questions and you still need additional practice to reach your target score, then you should consider purchasing those resources.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by amirhakimi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:24 pm
Thanks for your help. I'll then look forward to see my score in practice tests and take further decisions upon getting new practice material.

And thanks for your kind feedback. I liked the word snazzy because it's the first time I'm seeing this word in English. I'm going to add it to my writing phrase box.

Is it right to use the word this way? "Not every snazzy idea is necessarily accurate."

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:46 am
amirhakimi wrote: Is it right to use the word this way? "Not every snazzy idea is necessarily accurate."
Perfect!

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com