Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the Beat The GMAT community! Tell us about yourself
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

Introduce Yourself

by aim-wsc » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:20 pm
This thread suppose to contain your first post.

...All you new members, before starting sharing the information here
lets get to know each other a little bit :)

eventhough sir Eric is the captain ( founder) of the site, I dont think if he needs any introduction. (thanks to his great blog)

...so I started this thread.
Last edited by aim-wsc on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legendary Member

by aim-wsc » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:24 pm
OK!
Lets start with myself.
This is johny CAGE
I am from small village of rural India, its near Mumbai.

& my user id suggests that i am aiming for three top b-schools
ie
wharton,
stanford
and
columbia

this site will certainly help me to achieve my dream i hope

I hv not taken the test yet...
planning to take on march 2007.

what about you?
Last edited by aim-wsc on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:15 pm
Thanks for initiating this thread! If it catches on, I may move it to a more visible place...

To introduce myself, my name is Eric and I live in Northern California. I currently work at a software company, and I'm in a rotational management program. For some odd reason, I am really passionate about GMAT preparation, and I love exploring new ways to improve this site and to provide more services to you all. I really appreciate your help in building this new forum!

Hobbies include: this forum, hiking, camping, thoughts of going to the gym

Anyone else wish to introduce himself/herself?
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by chix475ntu » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:06 pm
My name is Chix :)

I am from Andhra Pradesh, India. Currently I live in Jersey City, NJ.
I work in a s/w company, main focus is Fixed Income projects. I always enjoyed teaching Maths/Quant from my childhood.

Hobbies: I watch almost all kinds of sports, movies, hanging out with friends, thoughts of going to gym(same hobby as Eric's)

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin

by beatthegmat » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:35 pm
I'll have you know that I went to the gym for the first time in 4 months yesterday! No more "thoughts of gym" for me, haha.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mba4ms » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:13 pm
Hi everyone,

Call me ms. I too am a Software Engg working in Hyderabad, India. I guess everyone here is a software engg, they are the one who usually have too much free time :wink: Btw, I m seriously thinking of shifting to corporate finance ... lets see what happens!

I have been planning to give my GMAT since December last year :D Hopefully the dream of scoring 750+ wud come true by this July. And I aspire for MIT-Sloan, Harvard, INSEAD or ISB (in order of preference).

My hobbies: Movies, TV Shows (just love FRIENDS and Smallville), hanging out with friends. And unlike Eric and Chix, I do go to gym regularly :P. But I too have desire of playing guitar (with melody) someday. I even bought one last year and attended a class (day one only!) :D
ms

Legendary Member

by aim-wsc » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:05 pm
hey i am not a software engineer. nor am working in a s/w company.

& to be precise i am not an engineer.(yet)
but i own an engineering workshop ...so i hv bit knowledge of engg.

gym? whats that?
i might do some yoga asanaas but not wieght exercises...

Me...Myself...and Beat the GMAT !!!

by k_suraj786 » Tue May 02, 2006 7:43 am
Hey Guys...

I am Suraj, an Engineer by profession.

I am working for Petrochina with around 6 years of Work Experience...

Decided to go for an MBA.......

Will be giving GMAT in June....

Lets see what is there for me in the near future.... :P
SKK

by technoguys » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:44 am
Hello,

I am a System Architect based in Chicago. I intend to join a part time MBA program either at Kelloggs or U Of C & have been preparing for GMAT since last 6 weeks.

I stumbled across this site a few days ago & I really like the content here so far. My current GMAT practice score with testprep is 640. I am hoping to get in the 700+ range (not that part time courses may need that much, but I like a challenge).

I am humbled by the community aspect of so many talented people who have contributed to this site. I aspire to do the same one day.

For now, my quant looks good in the general sections but I need to fortify my skills in Probability, Std. Dev, Compd Interest, Set Theory, Median/Range, Permutation/Combinations etc.

I am trying to boost my verbals ever since I read the article by the Manhattan Gurus about how verbal can influence your score more than quantitatives. Currently trying to get thru Spidey's material.

Any suggestions / advice on the above will be appreciated. All the best to y'all!!

Thanks,

Tg.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by tngearhart » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:43 pm
I have been visiting this forum since it started, and watched Erics blog since about october of 2005. It's a great community. I've gained more in advice and tools from this site than any other. Before this site started I was regularly going to the Amazon.com website and reading GMAT book reviews to see how people were studying.

I should make a formal introduction.

I go by TNGearhart.

I live in the Metro Phoenix area. I graduated from ASU last (2005) December with a degree in Information Systems Management. My intention has always been to go to grad school for an MBA.

I worked full time while going to school. I work for a large bank as a private banker. I had dropped out of college early and went back when the markets tanked and the economy got weird. I was worried about working my way up at a financial institution and not being able to progress because of the lack of a degree.

I went back to school in January of 2003 and got three and half years of school done in three years. All while holding down a 40-50 hour a week job.

I have a wife and 3 kids.

I've tried studying for the GMAT on and off for the past two years. I got to a point where I felt like I could schedule the test this past spring. I took it and did well below my expectations. I swore I would only take it once, but now I have to go back on my vow.

I hope to go to a top school. My GPA was decent for a full time work, full time student, but I want every advantage when I go to apply this fall. I am working toward a 700+ score on the GMAT.

The problem is that so far I have not been able to get over a 660 on any practice test. I have the two GMATprep exams left and all four Princeton Review tests. I'm worried I'll get to the end of them and not have any practice test left. I am going to spend the next 3 weeks working on completeing the OG11 under timed conditions. I have modified the GMAT answer sheet we use on this site to accommodate 50 answers, 10 problems from each category. PS, DS, RC, CR, SC. So I can practice each section in one hour and forty minutes. I figure this will give me daily practice in each section and stamina to sit and work under 2 minute conditions for each problem. Once I'm done I hope to be able to go to real test conditions and get past 700.

That's my story.... So far. Thanks for the great site.

TNGearhart
[email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin

by beatthegmat » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:48 pm
tngearhart wrote:I have been visiting this forum since it started, and watched Erics blog since about october of 2005. It's a great community. I've gained more in advice and tools from this site than any other. Before this site started I was regularly going to the Amazon.com website and reading GMAT book reviews to see how people were studying.

I should make a formal introduction.

I go by TNGearhart.

I live in the Metro Phoenix area. I graduated from ASU last (2005) December with a degree in Information Systems Management. My intention has always been to go to grad school for an MBA.

I worked full time while going to school. I work for a large bank as a private banker. I had dropped out of college early and went back when the markets tanked and the economy got weird. I was worried about working my way up at a financial institution and not being able to progress because of the lack of a degree.

I went back to school in January of 2003 and got three and half years of school done in three years. All while holding down a 40-50 hour a week job.

I have a wife and 3 kids.

I've tried studying for the GMAT on and off for the past two years. I got to a point where I felt like I could schedule the test this past spring. I took it and did well below my expectations. I swore I would only take it once, but now I have to go back on my vow.

I hope to go to a top school. My GPA was decent for a full time work, full time student, but I want every advantage when I go to apply this fall. I am working toward a 700+ score on the GMAT.

The problem is that so far I have not been able to get over a 660 on any practice test. I have the two GMATprep exams left and all four Princeton Review tests. I'm worried I'll get to the end of them and not have any practice test left. I am going to spend the next 3 weeks working on completeing the OG11 under timed conditions. I have modified the GMAT answer sheet we use on this site to accommodate 50 answers, 10 problems from each category. PS, DS, RC, CR, SC. So I can practice each section in one hour and forty minutes. I figure this will give me daily practice in each section and stamina to sit and work under 2 minute conditions for each problem. Once I'm done I hope to be able to go to real test conditions and get past 700.

That's my story.... So far. Thanks for the great site.

TNGearhart
[email protected]
You've got a really interesting background, TNGearhart. Best of luck to you--I'm really pullin' for you.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

hi

by smilingsupriya » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:19 am
hello
this is my 1st post.
my name is Supriya.
i am doing my masters in CS
did B.Sc in MATH

by Nerdy Viva » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:17 am
How do I set an avatar on this board? ;)

Legendary Member

by aim-wsc » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:41 pm
hello nerdy viva,
i presume u know how to upload ur pic there... the problem u might hv faced is because of size restrictions.

it wont accept a pic of more 6 kb..

welcome to the forum.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:3 members

Hello !

by Psychodementia » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:21 am
Hi all !

My name is Arun. Work as an account manager with an IT company with over 6years of workexp. Have a BS degree in pure science and a Masters in computers. GMAT score of 700 Q-49, V-38.

I usually build a reputation as a go-to person for any kind of prep query, purely because I am passionate about teaching people AND apply common sense to ground situations. No matter what I do (for a full-time job) or where I go, I find myself imparting knowledge to others. My philosophy being "If I can learn, so can you" :)

Hope to have a fruitful association with this forum - just as I have with pagalguy.com over the last many years.

Arun