14 V questions wrongly answered, but score is less than 30.

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hello everyone, I have a question to ask regarding my verbal score of GMATprep 1. Out of 41 questions, I answered only 14 questions wrongly but my score is less than half of 60 which is 29/60. How can that be possible... I would be satisfied with 35. Kindly explain what has gone wrong. Thank you very much.

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members
tomhng wrote:Hello everyone, I have a question to ask regarding my verbal score of GMATprep 1. Out of 41 questions, I answered only 14 questions wrongly but my score is less than half of 60 which is 29/60. How can that be possible... I would be satisfied with 35. Kindly explain what has gone wrong. Thank you very much.

GMAT consider no of hard questions also in calculating

I mean if you answer one hard question, you may get more marks than marks that would be deducted if you get 2 simple wrong

In short, just dont go on wrong and righas

Do you know complexity of questions..If no, I doubt you can calculate

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by tomhng » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:43 am
Hello iamcste, thanks for your opinion. It is hard to judge the complexity of the V questions asked in GMATprep 1; I could not really tell whether the questions are from 600 level or 700 level.

I counted the number of questions which I have answered correctly for SC, RC and CR:

SC 9/17 (only 9 answered correctly)
RC 10/13
CR 8/11

I am disappointed that most of my mistakes occurred in SC. It means that I have to further intensify my study on SC. At the same time, it is also a relieve for me that I have improved on my CR.

Overall, I am not satisfied with my current performance in V. This is the main factor I am not scoring 700 at the moment :(