the scoring of AWA in the free Manhattan GMAT Exam

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi
I am pretty new in the GMAT world and went directly to the free Manhattan GMAT test and got the following
SCORE & OVERVIEW OF RESULTS
TYPE SCORE ESTIMATED PERCENTILE RANK
Quantitative 23 12 %
Verbal 28 51 %
Total 440 21 %

My questions are:
Is my AWA scored in this free exam? If not, the average AWA score would add how many to the above 440? If yes, what is my score level? (my responses are attached)
2- I know my score is very low but where should I start according to the above scores.

thanks
Attachments
RAnalyzeArgument.doc
my argument response
(3.66 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
RAnalyzeIssues.doc
my Issue response
(3.3 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:08 am
Hi khaled,

The ManhattanGMAT CAT Exams do not analyze your performance on the AWA section. Additionally, your score on the AWA is separate from your overall GMAT score. You get two separate grades - one for the Argument Essay and one for the Issue Essay, which will be graded on a scale from 1 - 6. If you get a 4 or above, you'll be fine. Most admissions officers use this score to make sure that the person writing the essays for the application is the same person who took the test.

In terms of where you need to start, I would suggest reading a little bit of information about the GMAT Test to make sure you know exactly how the exam works and to read about some pacing techniques. After that, it would seem to me that you would need a full review of the content. I'd highly recommend looking into a Prep Program at www.manhattangmat.com because I believe that you would benefit from a categorical review of the content found on the exam.

I hope this helps. Good luck studying!

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628