Although it is a federal body, nevertheless the Federal Bure

This topic has expert replies
Followed by:1 members
Although it is a federal body, nevertheless the Federal Bureau of Investigation does not enforce law in the United States, this responsibility belonging to the state and local authorities.

A. Although it is a federal body, nevertheless the Federal Bureau of Investigation does not enforce law in the United States, this responsibility belonging
B. Although the Federal Bureau of Investigation is a federal body, nevertheless it does not enforce law in the United States, this responsibility belonging
C. The Federal Bureau of Investigation, although a federal body, do not enforce law in the United States, this being a responsibility that belongs
D. The Federal Bureau of Investigation, although it is a federal body, do not enforce law in the United States, this responsibility belonging
E. The Federal Bureau of Investigation, although it is a federal body, does not enforce law in the United States, this responsibility belonging

OA: E
What's wrong with options B and D? Can any experts help?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1906 members
GMAT Score:790

by GMATGuruNY » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:11 am
ardz24 wrote:What's wrong with options B and D?
B: Although the Federal Bureau of Investigation is a federal body, nevertheless it does not enforce law.
Here, although and nevertheless are redundant.
Eliminate B.

D: The Federal Bureau of Investigation...do not enforce law in the United States.
Here, do not enforce (plural) does not agree with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (singular).
Eliminate D.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3