What was the greatest difference between

This topic has expert replies
Followed by:5 members

What was the greatest difference between

by M7MBA » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:37 am
What was the greatest difference between the high and low test scores of any particular student in the third grade at PS 11?

(1) The highest test score earned by any student in the third grade at PS 11 was 98.
(2) The lowest test score earned by any student in the third grade at PS 11 was 44.

The OA is E.

I don't understand this DS question. May your experts give me some help? Please. Thanks in advanced.

Legendary Member
Followed by:140 members
GMAT Score:800

by MartyMurray » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:04 am
M7MBA wrote:What was the greatest difference between the high and low test scores of any particular student in the third grade at PS 11?

(1) The highest test score earned by any student in the third grade at PS 11 was 98.
(2) The lowest test score earned by any student in the third grade at PS 11 was 44.

The OA is E.

I don't understand this DS question. May your experts give me some help? Please. Thanks in advanced.
The question is a little sketchy.

From the language I guess what it is asking is "What is the greatest difference between the highest and lowest tests scores scored by any one student?" meaning the highest score of one student and the lowest score of that same student.

Obviously, without any indication that the two scores provided in the statements are the scores of the same student, we have no way of finding the answer to this question.

So, the answer is E.

Not the best question ever ...
Marty Murray
Perfect Scoring Tutor With Over a Decade of Experience
MartyMurrayCoaching.com
Contact me at [email protected] for a free consultation.