Malvika's special dish requires one and a half bowls of...

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members
Malvika's special requires one and a half bowls of noodles to make 4 servings. How many bowls noodles will Malvika need next Saturday?

1) Next Saturday, Malvika will prepare half the number of servings that she prepare earlier today.
2) Earlier today, Malvika used a half dozen bowls of noodles to prepare her dish.

The OA is C.

Please, can any expert explain this PS question for me? I have many difficulties to understand why that is the correct answer. Thanks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members

by Jay@ManhattanReview » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:45 pm
swerve wrote:Malvika's special requires one and a half bowls of noodles to make 4 servings. How many bowls noodles will Malvika need next Saturday?

1) Next Saturday, Malvika will prepare half the number of servings that she prepare earlier today.
2) Earlier today, Malvika used a half dozen bowls of noodles to prepare her dish.

The OA is C.

Please, can any expert explain this PS question for me? I have many difficulties to understand why that is the correct answer. Thanks.
1) Next Saturday, Malvika will prepare half the number of servings that she prepares earlier today.

We do not have any information about the earlier today.

We do not have any information on Saturday.

(1) and (2) combined:

Since earlier today, Malvika used a half dozen (= 12/2 = 6) bowls of noodles to prepare her dish, on Saturday, Malvika would need 6/2 = 3 bowls of noodles. Sufficient.

The correct answer: C

Hope this helps!

-Jay

Locations: New York | Singapore | Doha | Lausanne | and many more...

Schedule your free consultation with an experienced GMAT Prep Advisor! Click here.