Study Plan - 1 month

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Study Plan - 1 month

by kunaldatt7 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:43 am
Anyone has a study plan for 1 month. Have given the GMAT 5 years ago with a 700. Studied over the last year just need to reprep in a month and give the exam by july end. need any study plans if someone has. targeting 740. Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:34 am
Hi Kunaldatt7,

From your post, it's not clear what exactly you've worked on during your recent studies, so I have a few questions about your studies so far and your timeline/goals:

1) What study materials have you used?
2) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
3) Did you take the FULL CAT each time (with the Essay and IR sections)?

Goals:
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
5) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:11 am
kunaldatt7 wrote:Anyone has a study plan for 1 month. Have given the GMAT 5 years ago with a 700. Studied over the last year just need to reprep in a month and give the exam by july end. need any study plans if someone has. targeting 740. Thanks
My advice: if you haven't already, take an official practice test to get a new benchmark. Sometimes test-takers are able to get back to their previous scores very quickly. Other times, there's a rude awakening regarding how much has been forgotten in the interim. This is all to say that if you took a practice test tomorrow and scored a 720, your study plan would look different than if you scored a 580.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

by kunaldatt7 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:53 am
Thanks David. I have purchased the test series at veritas, i think i would give one of those tests to see where i stand currently.

by kunaldatt7 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:56 am
Thanks Rich. I took one exam recently the old gmat prep where i had scored 700 (Q49 V35) which was also a while ago. Would be giving the veritas test soon enough. I had covered all topics and done practice questions from various books (OG, Kaplan and Manhattan) but due to sudden increase at work i could not continue thus the break. I am targeting a score of 730-740 and still in the process of finalizing the schools but would be applying to most of the Top 10.

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:45 am
Hi Kunaldatt7,

You mentioned that you were planning to take a new practice CAT - and I that would be a good idea. You should make sure to take it in as realistic a fashion as possible (so take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you plan to take the Official GMAT, etc.). Once you have that score, you should report back here and we can discuss how best to proceed.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]