HELP ME

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:5 members

HELP ME

by whodeani » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:44 am
Guys, I need your help. I took my test last Thursady and got a 410. I used the official guide (11th ed),Princeton Review book, as well as Kaplan's book. I have been scoring 550 all the time on my practice tests, never running out of time. On test day, I became so messed up, I allowed my nerves to get hold of me during my english section. I pretty much missed ten whole questions as tiem ran out on me. Cna someone please tell me how I shold have studied for this test. I am realising that most of you aho have done well kept talking about Kaplan 800 book. I need help guys. I am takingthe test again on the 8th.
"Your Focus will determine your life."

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: HELP ME

by beatthegmat » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:33 pm
whodeani wrote:Guys, I need your help. I took my test last Thursady and got a 410. I used the official guide (11th ed),Princeton Review book, as well as Kaplan's book. I have been scoring 550 all the time on my practice tests, never running out of time. On test day, I became so messed up, I allowed my nerves to get hold of me during my english section. I pretty much missed ten whole questions as tiem ran out on me. Cna someone please tell me how I shold have studied for this test. I am realising that most of you aho have done well kept talking about Kaplan 800 book. I need help guys. I am takingthe test again on the 8th.
whodeani:

Sorry to hear about your situation. What is your target GMAT score? If it's in the 500s, it seems like additional preparation isn't what you need--rather, you would need to focus more on controlling your nerves when you sit down for your actual test.

I don't think the Kaplan 800 book would be of much benefit for you. During the next month of your prep, I would focus on doing a lot of practice with real GMAT questions (OG), reviewing the core lessons in Kaplan and Princeton Review, and doing a LOT of practice tests in simulated environments--try taking your practice GMATs in places outside your house, like the library or even a cafe.

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school