List of "Useful Information"

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

List of "Useful Information"

by GeauxSwish » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:24 pm
I believe I saw on some of the instruction videos on these forums that one way to understand Data Sufficiency was to think of "what information would be useful" to answer the question. Just curious if anyone knew of/had a list of the useful questions depending on the subject that one should be asking for certain questions?

ie. For questions involving perimeter, ask "Can I calculate a length/side/etc"

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members

by Jay@ManhattanReview » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:10 am
GeauxSwish wrote:I believe I saw on some of the instruction videos on these forums that one way to understand Data Sufficiency was to think of "what information would be useful" to answer the question. Just curious if anyone knew of/had a list of the useful questions depending on the subject that one should be asking for certain questions?

ie. For questions involving perimeter, ask "Can I calculate a length/side/etc"
Hi GeauxSwish,

You got the right advice. GMAT-Data Sufficiency is certainly tricky and unlike Problem-Solving, it's more about whether I can get a UNIQUE answer or not. Sometime, it's not necessary to reach to the final answer if one is assured that data to get to the answer is/are sufficient.

By the way, Manhattan Review is one of the only two TestPrep companies that have a dedicated book on GMAT-Data Sufficiency. MR's GMAT-Data Sufficiency discusses Data Sufficiency concepts and strategies in great detail. There are 150 quality Data Sufficiency questions. Many questions have been dealt alternate approaches. The objective is to understand questions from multiple perspectives. Each of the 150 questions are also provided with one- or two-liner 'Hints.' I think the answer to your question, "Can I calculate a length/side/etc." can be found in this section.

Please find all info about the book here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1629260657/

Please feel free to ask for any help.

-Jay

Locations: New York | Tokyo | Manchester | Geneva | and many more...

Schedule your free consultation with an experienced GMAT Prep Advisor! Click here.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by GeauxSwish » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:54 pm
Great! Thanks for the tip, wouldn't happen to know of any other good places to look for that kind of stuff. Not that the book isn't an option