University shortlisting

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

University shortlisting

by Ritika Sukhwani » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:55 am
Hi.. I have got a gmat score of 600. And my gpa is 5.9/10. Which business schools can I apply in USA and U.K. ( second preference) for MBA.
My workex is 6 years in auditing.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by VantagePointMBA » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:25 am
Hi Ritika,

School selection depends on a variety of factors in addition to your GMAT score and GPA such as post-MBA career goals, cultural fit with the school, etc. A great place to start is to go down the rankings and see where your stats are within range. Then you can start researching each individual program in more detail and determining which is a good match for your professional and personal objectives. In the US, when you're looking at programs outside the top 30, the schools become more regional in focus. So for you, that would involve thinking about where you would want to live and work after graduation. Then you can find MBA programs within that geography or schools that have a recruiting history with your target employer(s). However, if you're targeting some of the more competitive programs, I would suggest trying to get your GMAT score up closer to 700.

I hope that helps!

Best,
Melody
Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting

We are admissions consulting: reimagined. Click here to learn more!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by mcbMcK » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:51 pm
Start here Ritika.

Cheers,
MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com