Can you evaluate my profile

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:640

Can you evaluate my profile

by dip@90 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:14 am
Hey Everyone,

I am looking to apply for b-schools in around 1 year of time.Please find my profile details as below ,

GMAT Score : 640(QA 45/VA 32)

Graduation Date: August 2012
Undergraduate GPA:3.50 (Based on a 4.0 scale)
Work Experience : 4 yrs(Software Engineer)

Target Country : USA/Canada

Can you please evaluate and suggest which universities should i target for ? Do i need the IELTS/ TOEFL scores ?If so then what should be the target score?

Thanks
Dipan Patra

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:21 am
dip@90 wrote:Hey Everyone,

I am looking to apply for b-schools in around 1 year of time.Please find my profile details as below ,

Can you please evaluate and suggest which universities should i target for ? Do i need the IELTS/ TOEFL scores ?If so then what should be the target score?

Thanks
I am guessing you are Indian, is that right? If so, you do need a TOEFL score or equivalent, yes. You should also keep in mind that your GMAT score is pretty low for an Indian applicant, which will limit your choices somewhat.

But what schools you should go for also depends on your post-MBA goal, so what would that be?
ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting
https://ARINGO.com/

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/
Or contact us today on: https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/

Highest acceptance rates in the industry! All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:750

by Junaid Saleem » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:44 am
dip@90 wrote:Hey Everyone,

Thanks
Hi Dipan,

You carry good amount of work experience and with your GMAT score of 640 you can apply to B-Schools like Purdue University, Babson College, Boston University, Wake Forest, University of Georgia and many more. It will be great if you can quantify your extra-curricular activities and share your roles and responsibilities at your work place. Also, any progression/promotion if any that you should highlight on your essays along with your skills, academics, your work experience and your post MBA goals which would impress the admission committee.

However, we suggest you to re-take your GMAT and aim to score 700+ so that you can apply to top business schools and to increase chances of receiving an interview call.

We have expert and experienced alummi who will be happy to assist you with shortlisting of B-Schools according to your profile. We take care of our applicants with their complete application process and work very closely by evaluating the strengths and weakness of their profiles.

PM for further assistance.

Regards.
General Education - India's premier Application Consulting company.

Get Advice: +91- 96205 55680 |

For your chances of getting to a particular school, visit - https://www.genedmba.com/chances-bschool/?key=IRs08YFjS0

To look at some of the Testimonials for our awesome work - https://www.genedmba.com/testimonials/

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by TaterwaysConsulting » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:21 am
Dear Dipen,

Short Answer :

IELTS/ TOEFL scores are not required for most of the good B-Schools in USA. Focus on improving your GMAT score. A score of 640 would be below par to apply to good schools esp. you being an Indian IT male candidate.

Long Answer :

Your profile doesn't explicitly mention the kind of work you have done and software engineer is a very generic term. So defining colleges with this limited information will be shooting in the dark. However what we think you should do, given you are an early starter in the application process, re-take your GMAT. Given your score split we see a good scope for you to improve on your QA score and a little push on your Verbal score will take you near the magical number of 700 (a Q48V36 will take to you around 690) which will improve your chances of getting a good admit.

We would recommend :

1) Improve your GMAT score - Take GMAT in early May so that you may have a third attempt if need be
2) Start finding or developing pointers in your profile that will make you stand out among this intensely competitive segment of applicants which could be in form of EC (don't start anything from scratch now, if you haven't done something in the past, it wont add much value) or the work experience

We will be happy to take the discussion forward at [email protected]

Cheers,

Team Taterways
www.taterways.com