Schedule Question

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Schedule Question

by EliMan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:07 am
Hey Guys,

I'm following the 3-month beginner daily schedule - so far it seems ok - but I feel like for example I've read introductory sections on DS in the OG, Magoosh eBook, and watched the Magoosh videos online - I feel like this is a bit much just to get introduced to a topic - no?

Also the schedule mostly says watch the next 5 Math videos, next 5 Verbal videos - then do 16 problems in OG, then the next 16 the next - so on and so forth.
This seems almost completely random in a way - I know it's not meant to be focused - but I feel like I'm missing something here.

PS: I did pretty OK in the OG questions so far - but Magoosh questions I've only gotten half right - is this...normal? At least at the beginning?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:45 am
Hi EliMan,

In a prior post, it sounded like you were going to wait a bit to take your initial practice CAT. If you have not taken that CAT yet, then it's difficult to say whether your current form of studying is helping you to improve or not. You're still early-on in the process though, and many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores. This is meant to say that you shouldn't expect to have mastered any of the content/Tactics just yet. All of that having been said, if you feel like your current study routine isn't helping you, then you should consider other options.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]