HKU or CUHK

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

HKU or CUHK

by prahladagarwal » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:54 pm
Hi,

Though HKU and CUHK are very similar in terms of diversity, academics and career development - are there specific reasons to chose one from the other?

My profile:

GMAT: 700

Qualification: PGDBM (2011) from Tier II college in INDIA, CFA charter holder and FRM charter holder

Experience: Corporate Banking: 3 years and Fixed Income Securities: 3 years

Career Goal: To work in a developed financial market such as Singapore/Hong Kong in a large banking organization. Areas of interest fixed income securities, securitisation and cross-country debt financing.

Which of the two programmes will most rightly be apt to help me achieve my career aspirations?

Thanks in advance.

GMAT Score:760

by mohammedabbas » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:38 am
prahladagarwal wrote:Hi,

Though HKU and CUHK are very similar in terms of diversity, academics and career development - are there specific reasons to chose one from the other?

My profile:

Qualification: PGDBM (2011) from Tier II college in INDIA, CFA charter holder and FRM charter holder

Career Goal: To work in a developed financial market such as Singapore/Hong Kong in a large banking organization. Areas of interest fixed income securities, securitisation and cross-country debt financing.

Which of the two programmes will most rightly be apt to help me achieve my career aspirations?

Thanks in advance.
Hello,

CUHK has a better placement in finance when compared to HKU. According to the Finance Times the ranking of HKU is 42,
where as the ranking of CUHK is 37. I suggest you to visit the school websites and decide accordingly.
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90360 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

For your chances of getting to a particular school, visit - https://www.genedmba.com/chances-bschool/

To look at some of the Testimonials for our awesome work - https://www.genedmba.com/testimonials/

Follow us on - https://www.facebook.com/GeneralEducation?fref=ts

by MBADecoder » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:59 pm
prahladagarwal wrote:Hi,

My profile:

Thanks in advance.

If you are still in the process of applying, then you should apply to both programs. Its always better to keep your options open at this stage and have the choice to select from two admits.

Personally, I love the HKU program's option of studying a term at either Columbia Business School or London Business School. You get to become alumni of both the colleges - HKU and LBS/CBS. It also gives you a very valuable network.
Namita Garg
Founder,
www.mbadecoder.com