Need help in identifying fellowship options

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need help in identifying fellowship options

by aniks » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:22 pm
Hi all,

I wrote the GMAT this past weekend and managed a satisfactory 730.
Other details that might be applicable:
1. Work experience of 8+ years 5 years as an IT Auditor and rest as Software Engineer.
2. Mediocre GPA in undergrad from India, from a lesser known school, which if converted to GPA might fall in the range of 3.0 - 3.5.
3. A failed attempt at Comp Sc Masters where I stopped attending program after 3 semesters (GPA 3.37)
4. I have a professional audit certification (CISA) with a score in top 10%ile among worldwide test takers.

I am wondering what schools can I target where I would have a good chance of winning fellowships for an MBA, either Full time or Part-time. I currently work in Indianapolis and I've identified Kelley Evening MBA as a good target (no fellowship, but there is good chance of getting some financial aid). Any advice would be quite welcome.

Best,
Aninda.

P.S: I understand that I will have my work cut out to tackle items #2 and #3 above. :)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:11 am
Hi aniks,

Fellowships depend on number of factors including diversity, GMAT score, prestige of your undergrad program and employer, GPA, career progression, and so on. In general, factors that would make the school retain you at any cost (and not join a rival program).

You may find following article pertinent to your query:

https://poetsandquants.com/2014/11/20/mb ... schools/2/

Regarding point # 2, your GMAT would offset most of it, but if you've a valid reason for a low score, then you should of course explain it. Point # 3 too would require an explanation. What matters more than facts is the rationale behind.
Last edited by 99Colleges: MBA Admission on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
--------------------------------------
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
--------------------------------------
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by aniks » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:53 am
Thanks Anil.
99Colleges: MBA Admission wrote:Hi aniks,

Fellowships depend on number of factors including diversity, GMAT score, prestige of your undergrad program and employer, GPA, career progression, and so on. In general, factors that would make the school retain you at any cost (and not join a rival program).

You may find following article pertinent to your query:

https://poetsandquants.com/2014/11/20/mb ... schools/2/

Regarding point # 2, your GMAT would offset most of it, but if you've a valid reason for a low score, then you should of course explain it. Point # 3 too would require an application. What matters more than facts is the rationale behind.