620 in mock test - what universities should I target?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I am yet to give my GMAT. My current mock score is around 620 and have around 2 years of experience in project management.
According to my research, my primary choice was Hong Kong University. But my counsellor told me that 2 years of experience would not be enough to compensate for my score. Do you think, I still have a shot at HKU if my score increases?
What other universities can I target?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:24 pm
Hi nk6793,

Average work experience of the incoming class of most MBA programs is 5-6 years. (Check it for your target school.) Having said that what's more important is the quality of that work experience: your contributions in those two years in terms of, preferably, measurable outcomes, leadership (not necessarily formal), career progression (increase in responsibilities/ promotions etc.), and the like.

Typically, longer work experience provides more opportunities to have quality work ex, but if you think you've few such experiences, even two years could be sufficient. However, in practice, most applicants have longer work ex.

Second, a higher GMAT score won't change your work ex.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
--------------------------------------
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
--------------------------------------
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:750

by Junaid Saleem » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:41 am
nk6793 wrote:I am yet to give my GMAT. My current mock score is around 620 and have around 2 years of experience in project management.
According to my research, my primary choice was Hong Kong University. But my counsellor told me that 2 years of experience would not be enough to compensate for my score. Do you think, I still have a shot at HKU if my score increases?
What other universities can I target?
Hi,

The ideal work experience is between 3-7 years in most of the B-Schools and the average work experience required at HKU is 5 years with a satisfactory GMAT score.

You can assess on your weak areas which can be improvised and you can later take 2 or 3 mock tests.

Kindly share with us more details on your profile for free profile evaluation and we will assist you with the best.

Regards,
Junaid Saleem
General Education - India's premier Application Consulting company.

Get Advice: +91- 96205 55680 |

For your chances of getting to a particular school, visit - https://www.genedmba.com/chances-bschool/?key=IRs08YFjS0

To look at some of the Testimonials for our awesome work - https://www.genedmba.com/testimonials/