by Kaddy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:41 am
Please help in evaluating my profile...

Nationality : Indian / Gender : Male / Age : 24

GMAT 1 : 580 Q:45 V:25
GMAT 2 : 690 Q:50 V:34

Academics :
10th : 85%
12th : 97.2%
Engineering : 3.57 / 4 ( Indian GPA 9/10 - Top 10% in the department) - Anna University (Top University after IIT in Chennai), Chennai

Work Experience :

Working as Deputy Manager, Business Intelligence unit, ICICI Bank
2.7 years at Business Intelligence unit, ICICI bank. (got 2 appraisals)
Promoted in 1.7 years (Company's policy is 3 years per promotion)

1. Was awarded BIU Star Award for exceptional contribution in NPA Provisioning analytics and Regulator's data quality project
2. Winner of CUG contest of Conversational Banking and Smartkeys in ICICI Bank.
3. Was awarded Man of the Match in Inter Bank Cricket match against HDFC.

Projects :
1) Risk Based Supervision - Regulators data quality project. As a Project Lead for a team of analysts for the bank wide data quality project for all the core systems of the bank. One of the most critical and significant project as it deals with Regulatory reporting.
2) NPA Provisioning analytics - At turbulent times of the bank, contributed significant savings in the retail portfolio of the bank.
3) Analytics for Overseas branches of ICICI Bank - New York, Shangai, Dubai, Singapore, Sri Lanka
4) Risk Analytics - Segmentation of the loan Portfolio and calculating the PD and LGD for IFRS and Basel reporting.
5) Debt Service Management Group - Collection Analytics ( many left... just for giving an idea... limiting to this)

Educational Achievements :

1) eMDP - Management Development program from XLRI Jamshedpur on Corporate Finance (Leading B-School in India)
2) Specialization in Data Analytics - Jigsaw Academy ( #1 analytics training academy in india)
3) 3 - 4 courses in EDx and Coursera Online MOOCs from IIM-Bangalore etc.

Extra-Curricular Activities:

1) Co-Founder of a Start-up in College - Viggyan - A technical education company
An initiative by a group of students at MIT.
Was an active member of this network during my UG. Helped in promoting tech education to students through customizable curriculum.
Marketed activities, solicited business, promoted the brand and implemented a revenue sharing model at schools
in the remote villages in Tamil Nadu

2) Junior Coach of younger kids - Mumbai
Posted in Mumbai for Job. As Cricket was my passion didn't want to discontinue it completely.
So started playing for the Corporate team.
Aside started as an Assistant Coach for Cricket Academy in Mumbai.

3) Completed Level-1 Sailing - Aqua Sailing authority of India
4) Represented Tamil Nadu State Cricket Team in under 16 category
5) Captain of Thiruvallur district Cricket association in the under 16,19,22 categories
6) Winner of Inter district cricket tournament under my captaincy in under 19
7) Winner of Management Guru, nation level technical symposium by Anna University
8) Winner of Yuvashri KalaBharathi for outstanding achievements in Sports and Academics without compromising on either.
9) Organizer of Triathlon for differnt age group kids in the Society in Mumbai.

Hobbies :

Regular Marathoner, Dance, Sailing

Goals :

Want to stay in the field of Finance and since analytics is one area which I like,
would like to leverage analytics in the field of finance. In short Finance will be a major and Analytics as an elective.
Would like to head a business Intelligence Unit of a Financial Organization in short term.
Though Booth is a out of reach, Heard Booth is a good college for Finance and Analytics both. And Booth also has Analytics club which caught my attention.

Target Schools :

1) Simon
2) Ross Michigan
3) Tepper
4) USC Marshall
5) Indiana Kelley
6) Emory
7) Mendoza

Request you to evaluate my profile. And gauge my chances in the colleges above.
Please suggest what are the other colleges that I can target for finance and Analytics.
Would love your feedback on the profile and areas that I can improve to have higher chances of admission.

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:16 am
That's a great increase in the GMAT, can you increase it again? Do you need to get your MBA this year, or can you wait another year? If you can wait, ace the GMAT and apply in round 1, you might be able to target 1-2 higher profile schools. cheers, Alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/